GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3rd Official VW DriverGear Sport Springs Group-Buy

n8sCSGMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
zVp - thanks so much for coordinating; I got my 4-dr manual springs in this morning! install is on Wednesday.

150dpi

Ready to race!
Got mine today! thanks!

**EDIT**

I just realized my springs has the SKU: 5K4071677HA stamped on it instead of 5K4071677B (4 door DSG) I ordered. Is this a problem? or is this how its suppose to be?

The invoice on the box has the correct number.

Last edited:

Type_RS_59

Ready to race!
Is there going to be a 4th official Driver Gear spring group buy?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Got mine today! thanks!

**EDIT**

I just realized my springs has the SKU: 5K4071677HA stamped on it instead of 5K4071677B (4 door DSG) I ordered. Is this a problem? or is this how its suppose to be?

The invoice on the box has the correct number.

Don't worry about it - Check the bigger spring, it'll also have a different SKU ;)

There's two model numbers in each box. One for the two fronts springs and one for the two back springs.

Cheesecake

Ready to race!
Looked for these springs on various dealer E stores.

For the 2 door manual DG spring (5K3071677A),

the details specifically say: "Sport Suspension Springs lowers the standard center of gravity of the vehicle without sacrificing comfort. High dynamic load capacity. Sporty look. High quality corrosion protection. Fits: 2dr 2.5L Auto/manual, 2.0 CR TDI manual. Not for vehicles equipped with factory lowered sport suspension (GTI)."

The factory says not to put these on the GTI yet we want them.

ANyone care to explain?

Thanks.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
I'm interested in the next group buy!

joeeee

Ready to race!
Looked for these springs on various dealer E stores.

For the 2 door manual DG spring (5K3071677A),

the details specifically say: "Sport Suspension Springs lowers the standard center of gravity of the vehicle without sacrificing comfort. High dynamic load capacity. Sporty look. High quality corrosion protection. Fits: 2dr 2.5L Auto/manual, 2.0 CR TDI manual. Not for vehicles equipped with factory lowered sport suspension (GTI)."

The factory says not to put these on the GTI yet we want them.

ANyone care to explain?

Thanks.

any update on this?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I'm interested in the next group buy!

Sorry, it'll be a while until the next group-buy will be up. There's some stock issues with certain springs and the pricings are very volatile at the moment.

any update on this?

They just work for GTIs. I'm not an expert on this subject matter so you'll have to google it or search the forums for an answer. There are some very knowledgeable members who have have contributed on why they are good for GTIs even though they were designed made for regular Golfs