GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First LED Replica Taillight Group Buy - Lights here by Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonRoth

Ready to race!
so no one has had problems with the fit with these? God I really want to cheap out and get these rather than the OEM ones, but I'm scared..

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
so no one has had problems with the fit with these? God I really want to cheap out and get these rather than the OEM ones, but I'm scared..

Well, to date, I sold over 80 sets myself, plus a number of people bought direct from Vacar in the past, so to date, apart from one light that had some burnt out LEDs, and 3 pieces that were damaged in shipping, I havent had any complaints that you would not get with the OEM lights as well.

Eg. You need to take abit of time to align them to fit properly, and make sure the seal is ontight to avoid any leaks, etc.

ice2seeyou

Ready to race!
A little late to the party but here is what it looks like on my black GTI. If you would like more pics just ask.

MisfitMK6

So how do I get in on this I would love to get my hands on a set of dark red lights !! Possibly before sowo ?! Lol

aaps59

Hopefully if my dreams come true and I do get a GTI in the near future, I will sure be purchasing a pair of the non fog red tail lamps. These seem like a must have to me. I was SO upset when I heard VW didn't bring them on the R20's. Someone should make a detailed guide on how to install these haha.
Yes, this is my first post on the forum!

-yz-1

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone with a (2012 R) tell me what changes in VAG-COM you had to make? Getting conflicting reports on forums. I just ordered a set w/ rear fog from Ed.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Im getting sick and tired of these tail lights, maybe i got the bad end of the batch. I installed them and after a week my passanger outter tail light has condensation in it, then it turned into water leaking in it. I talked to ed and got replacement parts sent out. The gaskets for the Inner tails I put them on and the stud for the bolt broke off so I have a nut and a stud hanging and I can hold my tail light in my hand and i failed to mention itstill leaks. Every time I open my trunk after a rain storm it is like a water fall into my trunk. Im sick of waiting days for a responce when my car is building up water in them! I cant even put my old ones on because of the STUD AND NUT hanging in the metal hole. Im so FED UP and want a refund.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Sorry you've had bad luck with them man

Mine have been going strong for over a year now *knock on wood*. Pretty sure I got mine from the same factory but didn't go through Ed. Mine came directly from Li at Vaccar before the group buys.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Im getting sick and tired of these tail lights, maybe i got the bad end of the batch. I installed them and after a week my passanger outter tail light has condensation in it, then it turned into water leaking in it. I talked to ed and got replacement parts sent out. The gaskets for the Inner tails I put them on and the stud for the bolt broke off so I have a nut and a stud hanging and I can hold my tail light in my hand and i failed to mention itstill leaks. Every time I open my trunk after a rain storm it is like a water fall into my trunk. Im sick of waiting days for a responce when my car is building up water in them! I cant even put my old ones on because of the STUD AND NUT hanging in the metal hole. Im so FED UP and want a refund.

Contacted you, refund been processes, and I've contacted the factory about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.