GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would dealership sell me 2012 as 2013?

KevGTI1

Just a curious question because I got the base model and it looks the same as 2012.. I know the 2013 with sunroof convenience package you get the touchscreen radio and I guess the 2013 base model doesn't?

Can anyone confirm?

topgunz1

Passed Driver's Ed
check the VIN# if you're worried about it. the month/year of build should be on the door sticker as well.

KevGTI1

Ty for the reinsurance :) I'm at the dealership right now. They sold me the car with a crack in the rear bumper so getting that taken care of atm :-/

TAG12GTI

Ready to race!
Maybe check the Big Azz window sticker that is on every new car....

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Ty for the reinsurance :) I'm at the dealership right now. They sold me the car with a crack in the rear bumper so getting that taken care of atm :-/

For fun info, I almost bought your car, I think, if your dealer just got it. I wanted a Candy White base, and there was one coming to the east coast the first week of November that my dealer was going to redirect it. I ended up going with Carbon Steel Gray instead. Sucks your bumper is cracked, but I'm sure they'll fix it up nicely.

I hope you enjoy the car. I love mine, but couldn't justify the huge jump in price for the option group I wanted. These cars used to be more a la carte with the upgrades, but now you're forced to take an expensive package that is full of crap you might not want.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new wheelz! If you're interested, search for the unofficial GTI year-over-year changes thread. Might clear up a bunch of questions you may have about what's been installed compared to others' around here.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

KevGTI1

For fun info, I almost bought your car, I think, if your dealer just got it. I wanted a Candy White base, and there was one coming to the east coast the first week of November that my dealer was going to redirect it. I ended up going with Carbon Steel Gray instead. Sucks your bumper is cracked, but I'm sure they'll fix it up nicely.

I hope you enjoy the car. I love mine, but couldn't justify the huge jump in price for the option group I wanted. These cars used to be more a la carte with the upgrades, but now you're forced to take an expensive package that is full of crap you might not want.

Omg I wanted the sunroof convienece package but that's a huge price jump like you said :-( thts why I went with the base lol. Did u ended up going with a base as well? I mean difference between the two is the touchscreen radio and sunroof and rims. For tht I am not willing to pay that much extra haha

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Am I wrong or is this not something as simple as looking up the Vin #?? It will say 12 or 13 no issue

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Omg I wanted the sunroof convienece package but that's a huge price jump like you said :-( thts why I went with the base lol. Did u ended up going with a base as well? I mean difference between the two is the touchscreen radio and sunroof and rims. For tht I am not willing to pay that much extra haha

I did go with the base too. I think doing adjustments to look at fuel economy, skip tracks, and use the phone with the stalk instead of steering wheel buttons is kind of a pain, but I deal with it.

When you look at the savings, $600 for good HID headlights, and I felt like I could do a much better aftermarket stereo for not too much money down the line.

I think you made the right choice, and Candy White looks fantastic!