GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's big and black, but I'm not proud...

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Sorry, for being off topic guys. But does anyone here know where I can buy a Automatic Diesel Fuel Pump Nozzle with a hose that is VW friendly.

I mainly want to be able to transfer fuel from a fuel canister and have an actual fuel nozzle to use.

Also, will having diesel fuel in a fuel canister make the diesel go bad or start to gel for sitting for a set amount of time?

Storing diesel for long periods can cause it to develop water and algae issues, especially if you don't have a tank designed to combat that. Add some stabilizer, Power service, Optilube, etc to it to help keep it stable.

dean_park

Ready to race!
I'm not sure if it will get anywhere with VW, but the service manager from the dealership called me because I expressed my feelings about unauthorized service being performed. I explained my concerns regarding possibilities of not finding the right sized nozzle and not being able to use a portable fuel container. I told him I was "shocked that this was overlooked by VW when putting out the bulletin/recall". He said he thoroughly agreed and is going to feed it back to VW immediately. I'm not sure if I fully believe that, but it was a nice enough gesture. We both agreed that VW should provide the filler adapter kit (funnel) when the bulletin is performed. He promised to feed that back to VW as well.

flyboy320

Passed Driver's Ed
Just talked to my VW dealership and they have for now "suspended" the adapter because they were getting lots of calls from people not being able to top off the last 1/4 of the tank...

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Just talked to my VW dealership and they have for now "suspended" the adapter because they were getting lots of calls from people not being able to top off the last 1/4 of the tank...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
VW Fails again! Maybe now they will figure out people are not "misfueling" but rather, the pump is Bad??? I can only hope. But still nice to know that this is going on. I just got a call today not too long ago as well; Dealer I bought the car from asked if I had the tsb done, I said yeah, and I hate it, they told me bring it in, they will remove it, I asked if I was to bring it there in the first place if this would have ever been done, they said no, too many complaints. Guess tomorrow I'm heading up to Ocala!

dean_park

Ready to race!
Yup.. I actually just filled up (at my favorite pump) 30 mins ago and could not get more than 11 gallons in. It took me about 7-8 minutes because the flow hits the flapper and foams back and clicks off. I normally put this pump on the slowest setting and leave it, but it would not allow that, so I had to hold it midway between and it still foamed and spilled over onto the paint. Then it only allowed me to put in 11 and the fuel was up in the filler area.. Got in the car and the needle is a little under 1, so its probably got antoher 1.5 gallons to go. Yeah, this thing has got to go!

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I'm glad people are getting these removed without any hassles; for what it's worth mine was installed last week and I just filled up yesterday.

No issues at all; I was able to use the pump fine, filled up until it clicked off, then topped off as I normally do and got 14.2 gallons in so it wasn't stopping me in any way.

I think a big portion of this is likely due to install; lots of these dealers are screwing it up...

dean_park

Ready to race!
I'm a bit of the way into my trip, 2000 miles or so and one pump may have had an issue (really skinny, like regular gas) but the rest were good. I used a 2 day old pump (according to the guy who installed the pump who was still working on the other ones) and it was great. No spring near the nozzle, so it fit the nozzle into the filler neck great. The ones near my house seem to have a spring all the way down and it makes it really hard to stick into the filler neck without jamming. I haven't needed my funnel yet for the big nozzles, but I have another 2800 miles or so to go.