GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 Golf TDI Exhaust

Shutaro

Ready to race!
Does a CAI help the car spool louder?

Yes. I noticed a slight difference after going stage 1, a much greater one after then adding a CAI. Still not what people were talking about here, but more than enough for me, and it gets noticed.

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Look into RAWTEK. they make the best intake through exhaust tip for the tdi, I loved mine, couple it with a Malone stg2 tune and your in business :thumbsup: if you have the DSG, you will want a tune on it as well to run the Malone stg2. I went with a HPA stg2 DSG tune and was thrilled with the results of the three together, rawtek Malone HPA. Be aware, IT'S AN EXPENSIVE ROAD TO TRAVEL, if you decide to do it. Otherwise a straight pipe might be just as good for sound, and it's practically free in comparison.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
I would love to go Stage II with malone tune and Rawtek exhaust, but the Wife has freakishly good hearing, and can hear the turbo whine now (completely stock) and it bugs her and sometimes makes her sick if in the car too long.

If I were to go Stage II and get a Rawtek DP and Midpipe, is there any mufflers or anything that would cut down on the whistle??? That is the ONE thing that is keeping her from saying YES to the whole tuning thing on my TDI...

dean_park

Ready to race!
If you go with a RawTek DP, you could probably go with a stock 2.5L exhaust (for factory looks, adds a muffler) or a stock GTI exhaust if you wanted to source the rear valance. I don't notice that much whistle from my exhaust except when there was absolutely nothing from the turbo back, it's all from the intake. My current setup is Malone stage2, PDE downpipe, turbo beetle catback with the rear resonator removed and an Injen SRI (lotta whistle, but nearly none when I put the stock airbox back on).

mamock116

Ready to race!
Would there be any gain in power / mpg by removing the last cat? Im referring to the one right after the flapper valve. An exhaust shop can just cut the cat out and place a straight pipe in its place.

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
my friend has a tdi with a custom turboback and it's loud as all hell. Barely sounds like a diesel at this point, but the initial turbo spool is louder than my gti and his exhaust blows my spm system out of the water