GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

South Carolina GTI Roll Call.

Fingolfin

Ready to race!
Checking in, just outside of Columbia.

I bought my GTI out of state so was wondering if anyone has had dealings with Wray Volkswagen? Wondering if they are mod friendly and overall impressions on service.

Last edited:

Zoomer7

Ready to race!
Heading to Cars & Coffee at the Michelin HQ this Saturday, then a little mountain cruise afterwards with some dubbers. Anybody else coming?

ryoonc

I just bought a '12 GLI Autobahn last saturday from Atlanta, drove it back to Charleston. First manual transmission car, too, and it was wild trying to drive it 5 hours back from ATL. Taking a bit of getting used to, but really loving the car.

Still have my tuned/bolted '07 Mazda CX-7, but it has joined the zoom zoom boom club and will be comatose until I can come up with more funding..

Zoomer7

Ready to race!
I just bought a '12 GLI Autobahn last saturday from Atlanta, drove it back to Charleston. First manual transmission car, too, and it was wild trying to drive it 5 hours back from ATL. Taking a bit of getting used to, but really loving the car.

Still have my tuned/bolted '07 Mazda CX-7, but it has joined the zoom zoom boom club and will be comatose until I can come up with more funding..

Hope you're not still learning when you're close to the Cooper River bridge during rush hour :p Congrats! You'll love the freedom of manual

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
Here from Sumter with my Candy White Mk6 4 door. Absolutely love it! I test drove a Genesis, was about to test drive a Brz, then a buddy of mine let me drive his Mk6 and i was hooked.

So far I have..

D2 Coilovers
18x8 +45 TenzoR Concept 9's PlastiDipped Intense Teal
Unitronic Intake
Borla Catback Exhaust
A Homemade Catch Can
Color Matched Front Valance
Led Tails
Euro Headlight Switch
Extended Spoiler
Some RossTech changes
And some fancy wood flooring in the trunk.

Im currently deployed and have a nice pile of parts waiting for me to get home.
Dorbitz Designs lower grill
Golf upper grill
DV+
4 Brand new Nitto NeoGen 205/40/18s
Bride seats
Golf R sideskirts
ECS Tuning skid plate
Teal Powdercoat powder for the rims
2 Kicker 10" subs, a box, and amp
Mahogany wood flooring to redo the trunk flooring and wrap the sub box to match
And a euro cup holder.

Cant wait to get back and get to work gettin this car ready for SoWo!

khasanee

Hello, Northeast Columbia here! New to the forums and the GTI world, just recently purchased a 2012 GTI 10 days ago and I am absolutely loving it.

btownvw

Ready to race!
2011 CSG GTI in Charleston! Just moved down here a month ago. Got a big dent on the door. Any suggestions on good local shops? PPPPLEASE

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
Hello, Northeast Columbia here! New to the forums and the GTI world, just recently purchased a 2012 GTI 10 days ago and I am absolutely loving it.

There are some car meets in columbia on fridays and saturdays. If you have a facebook look for the "select modified crew" page. Ignore all the childish bs and look for the events they post. Most of the kids at the friday meets are immature. So the actual events they have are nice because its a wide range of people from around the area. There is also cars and coffee on saturday mornings in Cola. Just know that you may be the only or one of a few Euros at many meets. Unless I happen to make it up there from Sumter. If you have any questions please ask.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
2011 CSG GTI in Charleston! Just moved down here a month ago. Got a big dent on the door. Any suggestions on good local shops? PPPPLEASE

There are two performance shops that work on Euros in charleston.

European Road and Racing
JK Automotive

They should be able to point you towards a good body shop. There is also the facebook page "Charleston Dubs" and "Low Country Volkswagen Club". There are many dubbers in the charleston area and im sure one of them will be able to assist you.

khasanee

There are some car meets in columbia on fridays and saturdays. If you have a facebook look for the "select modified crew" page. Ignore all the childish bs and look for the events they post. Most of the kids at the friday meets are immature. So the actual events they have are nice because its a wide range of people from around the area. There is also cars and coffee on saturday mornings in Cola. Just know that you may be the only or one of a few Euros at many meets. Unless I happen to make it up there from Sumter. If you have any questions please ask.

Awesome thanks! I will have to check it out, would be a great way to start off the weekend!

btownvw

Ready to race!
There are two performance shops that work on Euros in charleston.

European Road and Racing
JK Automotive

They should be able to point you towards a good body shop. There is also the facebook page "Charleston Dubs" and "Low Country Volkswagen Club". There are many dubbers in the charleston area and im sure one of them will be able to assist you.

:thumbup: thank you sir!