GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibration?

Dartregor

Ready to race!
I can tell you the rear lower control arm bushings are easy to remove without a press. Honestly took me 5 mins each and then just slid in some poly ones which arent terribly expensive. I just took a Dremel with a drill bit in it and drilled out the rubber about half way around which gives it enough release where you can just push them out by hand. Make sure you get the really thin metal sleeve thats just outside the rubber also. Putting in polys is a cinch just make sure you apply grease to the inner and outer rub surfaces.

Probably can do the fronts in the same manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dartregor

Ready to race!
Oh and one more thing. If you dont have oem wheels make sure there are hubcentric rings that fit perfectly. for example my aftermarkets required a 72.6 to 57.1, and thats what came with them. They had just a tad amount of play so i called up the company and they sent 72.7 OD ones and that fit perfectly. If they arent maybe they were perfectly centered the first time on luck but not the second or remainder times.
Believe it or not the lug bolts wont perfectly center the wheel themselves but rather get it mostly close. Even a tenth of a mill off center will cause a noticeable vibration with that much weight at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Oh and one more thing. If you dont have oem wheels make sure there are hubcentric rings that fit perfectly. for example my aftermarkets required a 72.6 to 57.1, and thats what came with them. They had just a tad amount of play so i called up the company and they sent 72.7 OD ones and that fit perfectly. If they arent maybe they were perfectly centered the first time on luck but not the second or remainder times.
Believe it or not the lug bolts wont perfectly center the wheel themselves but rather get it mostly close. Even a tenth of a mill off center will cause a noticeable vibration with that much weight at speed.

I scanned the replies looking to see this one.

If you don't have the EXACT proper size of hubcentric ring you will get vibration over a certain speed, no matter how well torqued your lugs are. Most lugs are beveled to assist in centering the wheel on the hub, but that won't stop all potential movement.

And, don't rely on a random shop to get the correct rings. I had a shop source and order me rings, once, and the rings didn't fit. So, I phoned the wheel manufacturer (TSW) and bought their rings directly.