GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tornado Red GTI/Golf Thread

aHighSlapshot

Took these pics a few weeks ago after work.

Last edited:

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
Kinda fell off the "car life" for the whole summer due to persuing other hobbies. Tho I did sell my staggered rotis cause they sucked and got myself a new set, much nicer to drive on. Needs alignment and also getting some other exterior mods soon.
Looking forward to getting back into it.
How she looks right now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exist

Installed the Depo tails a bit ago, then sent her to get a tint. Need to update my pictures,but the next mod will probably be an exhaust.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PoorJohnJohn

Crappy iPhone pic. Needs more low in the rear. Looking to go fender to lip once this snow melts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conortwomey

First post ...

I drive a 2010 Tornado Red Golf GTI 3dr for 6 years. Originally bought it with only 36K Kilometres on the clock and now have 136K Kilometres.

It's a late 2010 'B' spec, so 2011 spec model with the rear LEDs as standard. Engine is the CCZB 210 bhp version. Car is totally stock and I have had 6 years of trouble free motoring.

Obviously, recently learned about the timing chain tensioner risks so that is top of my priorities. The chain stretch is only around 2 degrees so will hold off on complete chain replacement for now.

No issues with carbon but I will give it a look later in the year. I do plan on changing the clutch as the throw out bearing is starting to squeak on cold usage.

Car gets serviced by VW every 15K Kilometres. I do all the other work myself. front discs and pads etc.

After the Timing Chain Tensioner and Clutch are sorted I will powder coat the alloys as they are showing their age.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
First post ...

I drive a 2010 Tornado Red Golf GTI 3dr for 6 years. Originally bought it with only 36K Kilometres on the clock and now have 136K Kilometres.

It's a late 2010 'B' spec, so 2011 spec model with the rear LEDs as standard. Engine is the CCZB 210 bhp version. Car is totally stock and I have had 6 years of trouble free motoring.

Obviously, recently learned about the timing chain tensioner risks so that is top of my priorities. The chain stretch is only around 2 degrees so will hold off on complete chain replacement for now.

No issues with carbon but I will give it a look later in the year. I do plan on changing the clutch as the throw out bearing is starting to squeak on cold usage.

Car gets serviced by VW every 15K Kilometres. I do all the other work myself. front discs and pads etc.

After the Timing Chain Tensioner and Clutch are sorted I will powder coat the alloys as they are showing their age.

She's a beauty!