GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
:laugh::lol::laugh:

Ej you crackin me up man. I take it youve never had russells sandwich . Was 2 locations, now sadly down to 1.

nope never had Russells. Uncle Bub's in Westmont is my go to place for BBQ, pretty good stuff there

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
How’d you justify both race cars other than you want it? Iono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a GTI that I bought used. I’ve slowly modified over the course of like 6 years. It’s paid for. Even if I have $40k in it, including the cost of the car, it’s not expensive compared to most average new cars these days. Let alone the cars that most people would buy at our income level. The cobra was practically given to me by a good friend. I just paid to transport it from Pennsylvania to Texas. I could sell it for like $15k right now as it sits in pieces. While it will cost money to build it will always be an asset since I got it so cheap. Iono.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I used to blow a bunch of money on crap when I got my first "real" job... once I did my taxes and saw how much I earned in a year and how much I had in my bank account I knew something had to change. I didn't even know where all the money was going.

Now I save a good chunk since my situation allows for it. Getting ready to buy a house sometime within the next year maybe. Just don't know if it will be in Florida or Texas.

Don’t buy now. The market is at its peak. We’re in for another downturn. Salaries didn’t rise with the cost of housing. I’d rent if you have to move before the market drops and wait.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
i make some pretty mean ribs at home.

believe it , dry rub in the slow cooker...finished last 5-10 mins under broiler ..brushed with sauce

The sauce is very unique at russells...the sauce is very light..a bit of tang with a cinnamony undertone. Good stuff. When you inviting me over for steak and crab!? :mad:

I make my ribs in the oven , same way as you basically, rub them and wrap them in foil , cook 275 for 2 -3 hours depending on the size of the ribs - then finish with sauce under the broiler

dat steak and crab -lol maybe next summer ill have a bbq , we'll see

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Dude: Let me go wash my man bun and I'll be right with you.

Dude returns: Welcome to City BBQ, can I interest you in one of our craft beers? Maybe an order of the jalapeno aioli infused BBQ brisket and pork blend sliders to start off?

EJ: How about a pulled pork sandwich and some slaw?
Dude: Uhhhh... you don't even want aioli?
EJ: .....
Dude: *hipster-ness intensifies*

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Dude returns: Welcome to City BBQ, can I interest you in one of our craft beers? Maybe an order of the jalapeno aioli infused BBQ brisket and pork blend sliders to start off?

lol, I like aioli, I call it mayonnaise though :)

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

A+ nailed it

Beware the slaw isn't cabbage either. It's a combination artichoke + dehydrated chorizo blend cut into slaw-like strips, with white truffle sauce.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

A+ nailed it

Beware the slaw isn't cabbage either. It's a combination artichoke + dehydrated chorizo blend cut into slaw-like strips, with white truffle sauce.

yep, I was just checking out the Yelp reviews on this place and that's exactly what is looks like , TOTAL Hipster joint - I will stick with Uncle Bub's , they are the real deal bbq

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I had some reeeeeally good BBQ in Colorado on the way down from Breckenridge. Was a tiny town in the mountains by an old gold mine haha

Total small town feel, tiny little joint with line out the door, but man that food was great. My buddy bought two of their BBQ sauces to bring home. I can't remember the name of the place right now though, I'll have to ask my girlfriend.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Also had BBQ in Houston last time I was there, moist brisket ftw. Also, it seems like every single place in Houston sold "breakfast tacos" lol

Some brisket breakfast tacos, doe. MMMMMMM.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
:sm3:

only plebs use mayo to make aoli.

You and Boosted should have a Master Chef cook off.

Significant others can be sous chefs. in4livestream

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You and Boosted should have a Master Chef cook off.

Significant others can be sous chefs. in4livestream

Have tried inviting him over, he won't come. Terrified of anything past harlem ave.

One time we were at TBK trying to get some tacos (90/harlem)

Guy at the counter asks him "how can I help you?"

Boosted threw his hands up in the air and started crying "please don't shoot me, here's all my money" then ran out of the restaurant.

The above sequence of events may not have actually happened. But you can imagine it would go down exactly like that.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
:sm3:

only plebs use mayo to make aoli.

Aioli is just garlic mayo.

Normal people would call this "garlic mayo".

Hipsters and city snobs call it Aioli.

Record: straight.

:scared0016:

Status
Not open for further replies.