GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Did you feel a big difference with the UB? Any other chassis mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agency Power makes an identical brace that's half the price. Unless you can find a used UB on the classifieds (which are pretty common).

nagokart

Ready to race!
I don't think I'm even gonna try...Just got too much going against me. I have no proof of oil changes since I've done most of them myself. I can show you my receipts and when I purchased the oil, but no idea on the mileage. My car also hasn't even been to the dealer since I purchased it, so I don't see them doing any favors for me. Then my tensioner didn't fail, I had it changed preemptively. The most they'll give me is probably about $660ish based on my cars age/mileage, so I'm not missing out on too much...but it would be nice.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I do my own oil changes and I had a local shop replace my tensioner preemptively. There is a form that you're supposed to fill out if you have no proof of oil changes. They make it kind of difficult, almost like a rebate submission process. I'm probably going to try it anyways because I like money.

pdan

Ready to race!
Did you feel a big difference with the UB? Any other chassis mods?

I haven’t been able to really drive it in anger to much lately just cause I’m still breaking in the new clutch and now I have an oil leak somewhere, but it feels a bit stiffer just going over curbs/bumps and stuff. So not bad, looking forward to seeing how it feels in a little more spirited drive

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Looks like an exact ripoff of the unibrace.

it sure fricken does. Just wonder if it's full aluminum and weight/rigidity comparison. But for $262 dollars......:iono:

"Agency Power Mid Lower Frame Panel is designed to improve body rigidity and reduce chassis flex. Bolting each bar to the chassis reinforces the suspension structure preventing body flex which results in noticeably improved steering in high load driving situations. Traction during cornering is also improved by stiffening the chassis. Each component is made from lightweight Aluminum and is powder coated with a durable textured finish. Additional colors and custom power coating is available"

Features:

Powder Coated Finish
Improve Body Rigidity
Reduce Chassis Flex
Improved Steering on High Load Driving
Two Year Warranty

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
it sure fricken does. Just wonder if it's full aluminum and weight/rigidity comparison. But for $262 dollars......:iono:

"Agency Power Mid Lower Frame Panel is designed to improve body rigidity and reduce chassis flex. Bolting each bar to the chassis reinforces the suspension structure preventing body flex which results in noticeably improved steering in high load driving situations. Traction during cornering is also improved by stiffening the chassis. Each component is made from lightweight Aluminum and is powder coated with a durable textured finish. Additional colors and custom power coating is available"

Features:

Powder Coated Finish
Improve Body Rigidity
Reduce Chassis Flex
Improved Steering on High Load Driving
Two Year Warranty

Honestly I thought the UB was a waste of money. I read a lot of reviews and there are some people who swear how awesome it is. I bought one used from someone and didn't feel a thing. At that point in time I already had front/rear swaybars and other chassis bracing so I'm sure it would have been a lot more noticeable on a stockish car but regardless I was disappointed.

The XB and RB braces made a huge difference along with the KMD front subframe brace.

pdan

Ready to race!
Honestly I thought the UB was a waste of money. I read a lot of reviews and there are some people who swear how awesome it is. I bought one used from someone and didn't feel a thing. At that point in time I already had front/rear swaybars and other chassis bracing so I'm sure it would have been a lot more noticeable on a stockish car but regardless I was disappointed.

The XB and RB braces made a huge difference along with the KMD front subframe brace.

Yeah I don’t have really any other mounts/suspension work done. Now that I’ve added some power I realize I reaaaaaally need that sort of stuff. Hoping to pick up a XB when one pops up and slowly start moving through suspension replacement stuff.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeah I don’t have really any other mounts/suspension work done. Now that I’ve added some power I realize I reaaaaaally need that sort of stuff. Hoping to pick up a XB when one pops up and slowly start moving through suspension replacement stuff.

I'd get sway bars before doing any bracing but that's just me. Way more reward for your money.

pdan

Ready to race!
I'd get sway bars before doing any bracing but that's just me. Way more reward for your money.

Thanks, I’m still doing research on what they really do, bigger vs smaller, front vs rear, etc. I’d rather buy once I’m informed and be happy ha. Also I need to get a winter beater before I spend any more money on the GTI

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Old shift knob and new (for me) shift knob.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion

X2 on what Jay said. I bought an underbrace and even while I wanted to feel a huge different and was sold on it, there was really no difference felt. A hatch brace would be more effective.

clownish

just clowning around
Regardless of use, I wouldn't buy Agency Power. That design is straight ripped off of Unibrace 100%, design, powercoating everything. Jesus there's no shame there. I'm surprised they didn't leave the embedded unibrace logo in the design after slavishly copying everything else.