GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window regulator

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
Pretty sure I have a window regulator going bad. Rear passenger window slows down near closing point like it has a ton of resistance on it, sometimes gets stuck and goes down on its own and I have to try again. No "VW window squeak" though. I guess I could tear the door apart and see if the cable is frayed.

Anyone had one of these go bad with similar conditions? If so, motor or regulator?

I've had two regulators fail on this car. The rear passenger in 1/2016, and then the rear drivers door regulator last month.

I got VWofA involved from the outset. I was not paying for this so soon outside of warranty. They came through for me.

The roads here and the design of our rear doors are crap. I do not feel like rolling the windows down on my car anymore. Might not come back up.

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
I'm well outside of the warranty. I guess I'll buy a regulator and try that first. :iono:

Nowheat

Passed Driver's Ed
My passenger rear just stopped working. It's been working intermittently for a while. Luckily Ive got the CPO warranty.

I think its fair to say that the design of the rear doors and their components are a joke.

VWofA can still come through for you...maybe even pay for half. These things should not fail after 4 or even 5 years.

markus037

Ready to race!
just had my rr fail and my rf is making noise. took it in today and they are fixing both. thank god i have a cpo warranty

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
That feel when you have a 2 door :character0293:

Hope you figure it out though buddy!

I think it's fair to say that the rear window regulators are bound to fail sooner than later. Such a dissappointment.