GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wet rear floor

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. The past two days of rain have caused my passenger side rear floor on my 2013 GTI 4-dr become soaked. I first noticed it last night while vacuuming my interior so I pulled the carpet up and dried it out overnight. I checked the door vapor barrier and sunroof drains. They all looked fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Did the water collect while parked or while driving? There is a small possibility you have a hole in your undercarriage, and as you drive water is being kicked up and soaking into your carpet. Happened to an older car of mine (not a vw, and not a good car).

Also now that it's dry, hit the roof with a hose and you'll have a better chance of seeing a bad seal if you have one.

the rear door is not set tight enough. I've had this issue for 2 years. Haven't bothered to move strike plate inwards 1mm. I use a plastic bag and jam it between sill and door. Total tackiness...but who cares...

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for all the replies. I dried it out as soon as I found the water. Even ran a large dehumidifier in the car for several hours and there is no longer any smell. I went to the dealer and they checked all of my drains. Turns out the sunroof drains were in fact clogged and I had a piece of the plastic splash shield underneath not secured properly. Dealership fixed it for free even though I have over 62,000 miles on the car. Highly Recommend Mike Raisor VW in Lafayette!

dazedfive

Passed Driver's Ed
The ends of the sunroof drains have a rubber flap that likes to get clogged with gunk. If you cut the flap off it won't clog again.

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep I cut the flap off. Rained really hard today and my floor is soaked. The car was parked outside all day and wasn’t driven in the rain. All windows were closed. So now I’m back to square one.