GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #43639
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: VW Mk6 GTI 3 pedal in CSG; Jeep WJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
Did a carbon cleaning on Saturday. For all the stories i've heard, getting the intake manifold off wasn't really a pain at all. Worst part was the M10 bolt but once I took off the throttle body took maybe 2 minutes to get it out. Mine weren't too terrible but I still took a lot out. I used carb cleaner and CLR to soak it then paper towels and screwdriver to wipe all the goopy carbon out. It may be because of the colder weather deflating my tires a bit but it seems like i'm getting worse mileage than before I did the cleaning
but its turbo season

R135 ..............VAGCOM in Southern NH
╬╬╣
..246.............. Insta
uglybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #43640
smanierre
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI 6-SPD Shadow Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybastard View Post
but its turbo season
This is also true, hopefully picking up an IE intercooler and CM5-LT + other meth components on black friday. If it gets cold enough maybe i'll see some sub-zero intake temps . Speaking of, I would think it would be ok but anyone have any experience with watermeth in freezing temps. A 50/50 mix should have enough meth to prevent freezing right?
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
smanierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #43641
Boscogn
FIA GT Champion

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
I paid off my car today. woot woot
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #43642
smanierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
I paid off my car today. woot woot
I'll dedicate this next beer to you
<<<Build Thread>>> <<<IG>>> Major Parts: 3" 42DD TBE | IE Intake | Cobb OTS Stage 2 | Indy 500s 255/35/18 | Motegi Racing MR-133 18x8.5et45 | SB Stage 2 Endurance | Peloquin LSD | GFB DV+ | Unitronic DV Relocate | Red Top Coils | 034 SD Engine/Transmission Mounts | HPA 75a Puck
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #43643
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Got my osram xenarc headlights finally

╬╬╣
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #43644
smanierre

Quote:
Got my osram xenarc headlights finally
Welcome to the club
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #43645
uglybastard
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanierre View Post
Welcome to the club
yeah looking forward to trying to pull off only half my bumper to get the install done

╬╬╣
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #43646
smanierre

Quote:
yeah looking forward to trying to pull off only half my bumper to get the install done
It really wasnt that bad. Whole install took me an hour. The worst part was getting the headlights in. Gotta go at a specific angle to get the tabs in the grooves without the ballast catching on the car. Here is the OSRAM youtube tutorial if you haven't already seen it. I would also suggest finding a way to secure the passenger side wire that goes from the headlight to the fuse panel to the car. I ran mine over the fans and didn't have a way to secure it well and it fell down. Luckily the fuse didn't get caught in the fan but the wire sheath did get worn down to bare wire.

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?