GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This forum is almost dead

pdan

Ready to race!
Anyone else had a rear main seal leak with 2 quarts or so gone over 5 days?? [emoji33] I’m really trying to nurse the car through until tomorrow when I’m having it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Sparrow

Passed Driver's Ed
What questions you got? Iono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has there been an aftermarket fix for the tensioner chain prior to it going bad?

What would you say has been the best preventative maintenance steps you've taken to ensure the reliability of the car?
We here let's go

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I had an E46 M3 and the subframe was an issue. Does the MK6 suffer the same?

Osram headlights vs MK6 Golf R headlights + 6k HID?

Look at my post count, hold my hand and lets take a walk my friend... im here now.
:lol::lol::lol:

DSG software...worth it in terms of increasing reliability?

To all of you: Best bang for the buck mod you did?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Bang for buck stg1 tune. Subframe they make mounts for it. Can do bottom insert, puck, or replace both.
Headlights are like least bang for buck. Unless you can get oem on the cheap, not worth the hassle

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Has there been an aftermarket fix for the tensioner chain prior to it going bad?

What would you say has been the best preventative maintenance steps you've taken to ensure the reliability of the car?

I had an E46 M3 and the subframe was an issue. Does the MK6 suffer the same?

Osram headlights vs MK6 Golf R headlights + 6k HID?

:lol::lol::lol:

DSG software...worth it in terms of increasing reliability?

To all of you: Best bang for the buck mod you did?

No
No
Osram (personal preference)
I have 6MT so not sure
I have a few I'll list in order of cost/fun factor: APR Stage 1, Dieselgeek shifter, RNS 510 (depending which radio you already have), Uber Stealth sub box

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I feel this but am also responsible for taking this site for granted. However this is still leagues better than reddit gti posts of parking buddies every 5min.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I feel this but am also responsible for taking this site for granted. However this is still leagues better than reddit gti posts of parking buddies every 5min.

But they found a stock gti to park next to...

Jack Sparrow

Passed Driver's Ed
Bang for buck stg1 tune. Subframe they make mounts for it. Can do bottom insert, puck, or replace both.
Headlights are like least bang for buck. Unless you can get oem on the cheap, not worth the hassle

No
No
Osram (personal preference)
I have 6MT so not sure
I have a few I'll list in order of cost/fun factor: APR Stage 1, Dieselgeek shifter, RNS 510 (depending which radio you already have), Uber Stealth sub box

Thanks gents. Round 2 coming shortly.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Best bang for buck, downpipe and stage 2 tune.

But before that, R8 coils.

As money comes in...intake for some noises..then id say hpa puck for dsg slop.

See how you like the car drive on stage 2 tune before thinking about dsg tune imo.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
While you're on the topic, I'm stuck between going stage 2 or k04. Already have DP and intake. Not interested in racing from stop lights. More of a backroad twisties kind of guy. So 8-900$ for a tune/install/cable, or 3k for k04?