GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From GTI to GT no I

Fastball

Ready to race!
After owning my 2011 GTi for 7 years I decided to move on to something else that is a little less harsh on my old body. I’ve been spying the 2018 Passat GT since I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show months ago and my local dealer finally got one in. It is everything I wanted and needed. Bigger more spacious cabin, easier ride quality, good looking special trim package, sun roof, great exhaust sound, and a normally aspirated V6 engine. No more 2 liter turbos please. Mine was starting to sound like a diesel truck. So I pulled the trigger and traded out the Mk6 for a metallic black Passat GT. I loved my zippy Mk6 but with 65k on the odo mechanical things were cropping up. I didn’t want to go through all that hassle. The Passat GT really is a nice car and I think I made a good choice. I didn’t post here a lot but I read all the time, learned a lot, and suffered right along with you all with the peculiarities of the Mk6 GTi. Thanks for the ride.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Congrats, its a nice car. I was thinking of possibly getting one myself, but no manual trans is a deal breaker for me.

And manual vs DSG debate in 4....3...2....1

Fastball

Ready to race!
Thanks. I really like this GT. Nice ride, good looking, just enough tech to get by and a V6. If you are looking to move on I would take a close look at the Passat GT.

ben_m

Ready to race!
It looks like a larger GLI. What was the OTD price if you don't mind. the GT only comes with FWD right?

zrickety

The Fixer
Congrats, everybody loves a VR6. The DSG is really a great transmission, manual guys are just jealous. I was exclusively a stick shift guy, but the DSG in manual mode with paddle shifters made a believer out of me.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Congrats!

Did you trade it in with the VMRs?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Congrats, everybody loves a VR6. The DSG is really a great transmission, manual guys are just jealous. I was exclusively a stick shift guy, but the DSG in manual mode with paddle shifters made a believer out of me.

literally laughed out loud on that one :laugh:

:sm3:

Ban hammer time.

:paddle:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It looks like a larger GLI. What was the OTD price if you don't mind. the GT only comes with FWD right?

The Passat (GT) is nicer inside than a GLI. Better materials and a (somewhat) more premium feel

Correct, the GT is only FWD. (all NMS Passats are FWD, AWD was never available)