GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

zef

Drag Racing Champion
And now Ford and VW are partnering... oh the irony.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Nope.
I'm just assuming it's some old crabby retired Ford guy that lives across the street a few houses down (diagonally).
Someone else said he's "that guy" writing in to the city paper or the city about dumb stuff trying to voice his useless opinion or trying to feel important, when no one actually cares

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Welp time for the German flag badges/inlays

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Welp time for the German flag badges/inlays

do ittttt. go extra and grab the rearview mirror german flag from Klii

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
If only he knew who did it then he could leave a letter explaining the vw and Ford partnership to build cars of the future and how it's not World War 2 anymore.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I'd have German flags all of my car if I had a note like that on it. It helps that I'm German-American, so I can claim "German heritage" and it shouldn't even be all that weird.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'd have German flags all of my car if I had a note like that on it. It helps that I'm German-American, so I can claim "German heritage" and it shouldn't even be all that weird.

I am half German ironically, with a true German last name :iono: :laugh:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
in 2019 im not so sure...

I've never had a problem. It's not like the early 20th century when German immigrants had to completely deny their heritage, drop their accents, and forget how to speak the German language in order to blend in with "white anglo saxon Protestant" America because Germany was invading their neighbors and murdering Jewish people.

They key is to not throw out the "white heritage" thing, because that's directly associated with "white supremacy" and burning crosses and lynchings and nothing you want to have anything to do with. Getting specific with exactly where your family came from can be a lot of fun though.

Say "German heritage" and if anybody asks "what's that?" then you get to have fun talk about beer steins, bratwurst, Octoberfest, and lederhosen.

I am half German ironically, with a true German last name :iono: :laugh:

I'm probably as close to 100% German in ancestry as it gets for someone born in America. All of my grandparents had painfully German names.