GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Myth-Busted: 2.0 TSI upgraded injectors mystery solved.

mars2

Ready to race!
OK I see it's not specific spec of the 0261500164 injector but some generic average spec of all HDEV5.2.

This does not help us at all.
We just learn that their is one HDEV5.2 V out their that is flowing 1640 G/MN or 27G/S ( Nostrum are 25G/S). What code???? No idea!!!

Those DI injector are really Black Magic!!!!
For sure Nostrum in their test flow of DI injector's don't test any HDEV5.2 that could be a potential concurrent for their injector's.

Last edited:

mars2

Ready to race!
If you look on the link you mention you will see that injector 0 261 500 076
https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/injection-and-ignition/injectors/ also has 1050CC/mn and those are VW 06H906036G that you can find on a GTI 6 TSI 211hp or all those:
VW T5 TSI
VW T6 TSI
AUDI A3 211
AUDI TT 211
AUDI B8 Non Flex fuel

So again not an accurate source and some max number's for HDEV5.2 but not specifically flow for a precise code number of injector.

Are you sure the Ford injector fit? how is the spray pattern?

If you look those 0261500076 are 06H906036G that if you search on etka have been upgraded now to 06H906036P that are 0261500162.
Then if you look for those on nostrum your find that they flow 12.7g/s@100bar or 762g/mn or 1112cc/mn. So no number's are matching each other's.

https://www.nostrumshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/DI-Injector-flow-rates-v-pressure.png

also on Nostrum test in their test put CPMA and CPMB ( flex fuel B8.5 US market) with 0261500162 when in real they have 0261500164 or 06H906036N! even more confusing.

The only hard number that I can give you is that when on my T6 TSI I swap my 06H906036P ( O261500162) to Flex fuel B8.5 injector 06H906036N( 0261500164) my MFA was reading 5 to 10% Lower consumption than really doing, depending on driving style. My tuner also said he could not get more than 300hp of the GTI 6 injector on 100% E85 and manage 320HP on Mine with still a bit of room. B8.5flex fuel injector by APR can do up to 374 hp with 100% E85with those same injector.

Last edited:

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
UM and Nostrum

Cadubya et al.

I have questions about using Nostrum and tuning if you are willing to answer them. UM (through a local shop) has told me they don't want to tune my car for my Nostrum injectors and won't support the injectors. They will tune for my Nostrum HPFP and not the injectors. UM will support LNFs and ZZP Opel injectors.

This surprised me. Who did your tuning via Cobb for your injectors and HPFP? Did you have issues like cold start and rough idle? Did it take a while to get the tune dialed in?

Thanks,

A3 Owner

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Cadubya et al.

I have questions about using Nostrum and tuning if you are willing to answer them. UM (through a local shop) has told me they don't want to tune my car for my Nostrum injectors and won't support the injectors. They will tune for my Nostrum HPFP and not the injectors. UM will support LNFs and ZZP Opel injectors.

This surprised me. Who did your tuning via Cobb for your injectors and HPFP? Did you have issues like cold start and rough idle? Did it take a while to get the tune dialed in?

Thanks,

A3 Owner

I’m not being tuned for my Nostrum injectors or pump as of yet. Cobb was supposed to be collaborating on a solutions, but backed out and has stated they are not developing the MK6 platform any further. Nostrum is currently working with another company to provide a solution.

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Cadubya et al.

Thanks,

A3 Owner

They will only support doing both if you go to the UM HQ. ill be doing just this in the next few weeks. current project on the car has been pushed back waiting on parts. both the hpfp and inj will be getting done. according to UM it must be dyno tuned as every car is different and nostrum (although all high flow) injectors all flow differently to some extent. so a simple flash tune wont work

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
They will only support doing both if you go to the UM HQ. ill be doing just this in the next few weeks. current project on the car has been pushed back waiting on parts. both the hpfp and inj will be getting done. according to UM it must be dyno tuned as every car is different and nostrum (although all high flow) injectors all flow differently to some extent. so a simple flash tune wont work

What’s your setup? I may be shipping my car to UM. Was waiting for Fred to give me the green light. Said he had a few projects to get done before April. I guess that’s you lol.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Thanks for the details. I thought you both had your Nostrum parts installed based on previous comments. Makes sense why the local UM shops won't do the tuning if it requires this much effort for dyno tuning. Wish I knew this going in but that is what you get for modding cars. It all depends on what lengths we are willing to go for our passions.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Just spoke to my shop and they talked to UM. Jeff tuned a car identical to mine and said that my car with the Nostrum injectors will work fine once the car is up to operating temps.

Jeff said it will misfire and run like sh!t till it warms up. Jeff said these injectors are great for a weekend/race car setup and that they are pretty much twice the size of stock injectors. I think it is awesome injectors like this exist.

I brought up ZZP injectors and a Nostrum HPFP and Jeff said that this will work great with my Gen 2 3071R turbo. I am going with ZZP injectors. 400-450 WHP is fine in my book. If I want a race car setup and more power, then I can put in the injectors if I don't sell them.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just spoke to my shop and they talked to UM. Jeff tuned a car identical to mine and said that my car with the Nostrum injectors will work fine once the car is up to operating temps.

Jeff said it will misfire and run like sh!t till it warms up. Jeff said these injectors are great for a weekend/race car setup and that they are pretty much twice the size of stock injectors. I think it is awesome injectors like this exist.

I brought up ZZP injectors and a Nostrum HPFP and Jeff said that this will work great with my Gen 2 3071R turbo. I am going with ZZP injectors. 400-450 WHP is fine in my book. If I want a race car setup and more power, then I can put in the injectors if I don't sell them.
I think the nostrum pump is overkill for that power. You can make that on mk7 r injectors and a lot of meth, or a 5th injector. That pump is a whole lot of money

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the details. I thought you both had your Nostrum parts installed based on previous comments. Makes sense why the local UM shops won't do the tuning if it requires this much effort for dyno tuning. Wish I knew this going in but that is what you get for modding cars. It all depends on what lengths we are willing to go for our passions.

I’ve been running the HPFP for years. I have the original prototype. It’s just not being utilized yet due to tuning being unavailable. Setting up the pump and injectors requires manipulation of the actual hex code in the ecu. No one has any predefined tables or maps to work with. It’s too new to be letting dealers get involved. There’s too many variables. I don’t blame UM for insisting it be done at headquarters. I personally rather it. I want the people who have the actual knowledge and developed the tuning platform to do the tuning rather than one of the dealers.

mars2

Ready to race!

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
I think the nostrum pump is overkill for that power. You can make that on mk7 r injectors and a lot of meth, or a 5th injector. That pump is a whole lot of money

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I didn't want to rely on Meth or another injector and take the chance that if they fail I maybe in trouble. In my part of the US, none of the tuners I have access to will tune for a fifth injector and the shops around here will not tune for fifth injector.

Pump is still cheaper then getting a newer MK7 R, GTI, S3, A3 and buying the HPFP and port injection kits and a new turbo and tuning for that. I burned all my money on my current car so don't want to start over right now. I got the pump on a sale for 30 percent off. Still a good amount of money but I didn't want to pay full price. Same for the injectors, got them on a sale. The original APR HPFP for the FSI was 1200 US dollars back in the day so I don't feel so bad.

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
I’ve been running the HPFP for years. I have the original prototype. It’s just not being utilized yet due to tuning being unavailable. Setting up the pump and injectors requires manipulation of the actual hex code in the ecu. No one has any predefined tables or maps to work with. It’s too new to be letting dealers get involved. There’s too many variables. I don’t blame UM for insisting it be done at headquarters. I personally rather it. I want the people who have the actual knowledge and developed the tuning platform to do the tuning rather than one of the dealers.

Didn't know you had the original prototype, cool