GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

coolant

DKhoo

Hi. I bought a GTI in June 2011 and the coolant indicator is already flashing at me after only half a year. Had a look at the coolant tank and found out there is only about 2 CM left from the bottom of the tank.

the car seems to consume coolant at a much faster rate than my previous car. Has anyone experienced the same?

I tried calling VW service centre and was told to try topping up myself.

What brand and from where in Sydney should I get coolant from? Is it alright if I top up and mix the coolant or should I replace the entire tank?

Thanks.
Dennis

mfl

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI's aren't supposed to use any water, mine did the same thing after about 7000kms. Checked by dealer and it turned out to be a leaking water pump (no obvious water leaks), so get the dealer to pressure test the system. Car now has 38,000km and the coolant level hasn't changed.

P

plac

mine loses a tiny tiny bit, but i agree, theyre not "supposed" to lose any.. there could be any kind of pin leaks anywhere. and any near turbo coolant hoses would evaporate before any coolant is seen.

DKhoo

Thanks for the tips. I am bringing it back to the dealer for check up next week. Unfortunately I can't bring it in any sooner. Hope it will last.

lizzi3

Hi, just wanted to know are you able to purchase the coolant at any repco like store or do you have to take it back to a dealer, can it be purchased from a dealer? and mine seems like a pinky orange color. I know it's the g12 stuff