GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Denny's Tornado Red GTI

BonJovic

Ready to race!
Nice looking car! I'll have to keep an eye out for it :)

I just got my mk6 two weeks ago, so I've been scouring the boards for ideas.

where abouts in OC are you?

Thanks dude! Welcome to the forums, youll love the car. I'm in the Irvine area.

DSG_Fart

Nice. I work in Irvine

The color matched valence and thunder bunny skirts make such a big difference on a red GTI. Mine is CSG, so the wow factor won't be as drastic.

See you around one of these days

BonJovic

Ready to race!
Nice. I work in Irvine

The color matched valence and thunder bunny skirts make such a big difference on a red GTI. Mine is CSG, so the wow factor won't be as drastic.

See you around one of these days

to be honest, i dunno if I like the matched valence anymore...kinda thinking I shouldve painted it black, but oh well. And yea, the skirts are great! They visually lower the car without actually lowering it :happyanim:

BonJovic

Ready to race!
So in December I'll be getting a CBE. I'm deciding between Borla and Magnaflow. Does anyone have any experience with either? What it sounds like in person. Looking for a low aggressive sound, but nothing crazy loud where I draw everyone's attention. I've been watching lots of youtube videos, so I kinda have an idea of where I wanna go.

Thoughts?

BORLA vs MAGNAFLOW...let the debate begin!

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
The looks, sound, and price of Magnaflow can't be beat imo. Especially if you are doing cat back only, it won't be too loud

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BonJovic

Ready to race!
The looks, sound, and price of Magnaflow can't be beat imo. Especially if you are doing cat back only, it won't be too loud

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, no question, Magnaflow was the direction I was heading until Borla grabbed my attention. My brother has magnaflow, so I've heard that one in person and I like it. But again, Borla is intriguing.

BonJovic

Ready to race!
Just ordered some Koni Coilovers!!

I decided to go in a different direction for now, and go for the drop. Cant wait to get them in!

BonJovic

Ready to race!
I purchased my Koni coilovers from WRD, and got them installed at Pacific German in Lake Forest, CA. I worked with Shawn the owner and it was super easy to talk to. I recommend them! Here are some before and after shots.

Before

After

Front (Before)

Front (After)

Rear (Before)

Rear (After)

maxers06

Passed Driver's Ed
Led tail lights

Hey..just want to ask where did you bought your led tails?did it come with the adapters??...did you used vagcom to make it worked?I have the US version..i really want this so bad..just afraid that it might not work on my mk6..I would really appreciate your response..btw,nice car..lookin good!..
Umbra, of course! I talked to Nino and we're all good to go! :thumbup:

Last edited:

BonJovic

Ready to race!
Hey..just want to ask where did you bought your led tails?did it come with the adapters??...did you used vagcom to make it worked?I have the US version..i really want this so bad..just afraid that it might not work on my mk6..I would really appreciate your response..btw,nice car..lookin good!..

I originally got it as part of a group buy...it was through BKS. Everything came with the lights, so it was plug and play. Yes I did have to do some code work in order to get rid of an error.

Ok..is there any led tail that doesnt need to code??I dont know much about vagcom..havent used it coz i dont know where to get it..would you help me?I have a laptop,windows 7..i dont know where to get vagcom..any links that might help me?(would prefer free download)..btw,thanks for the response.. :)

do you even know what google is?

you said you don't know 4 times.. maybe some research would help you understand things, instead of asking everything to your feet.

and no; there aren't any led tail lights that doesn't require coding. you are changing the voltage rates. So, of course the car will throw a code no matter what you get. you code it to tell the ecu it has new tail lights..

tiggy the third, welcome.