GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UPDATE - WTF is wrong with my car / Clutch issue

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Clutch finally came out of the car late last night, and it's a bizarre one :eek:

Do you see it? I'll be honest, he sent me the picture and looking on my phone I thought to myself, What am I looking at? What's wrong?

Close up. Oh...I see now. Wtf? Wait...where'd that piece go then?!?!

Oh, here it is, nicely lodged in the pressure plate under the fingers. :eek:

I have talked to the guys at Southbend, and was told that they need to check it over first to be sure, but that likely it'll be rebuilt at no charge based on what I described to them. :w00t: Seems like a freak issue to me, not sure what could have caused it, but it doesn't make me worry about putting another one in my car. Too many people run these clutches without issue, so I'm sure it's just a one off issue. Bizarre, but at least I know what's wrong now.

Good times :thumbup:

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I'm surprised there wasn't even more damage!

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Here are some bonus pictures of the clutch disc and pressure plate, showing the wear of the disc and pressure plate. Most of it looks normal according to my buddy that took it out, other than the burn along the outside (from 12 o clock to 7 o clock, give or take). The assumption there is that it came from when the clutch disc flange broke, as the rest of the clutch looks like normal wear.