GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sholksmagen's 2.5L State of Affairs

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Looking good. I'm guessing lowering is next?? ;)

sholksmagen

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice job!

nice ride

Love the transformation. Did you swap the steering wheel yourself? I was thinking of getting the GTD wheel for my 2.5 and was wondering if I need to pay for the installation.

Yes, I did the installation myself. Very straight forward, but you do have to deal with the airbag and connections so there is some risk involved. If you do choose to do it yourself, use the following video as a guide (I know it's a MK5, but the process is identical for MK6s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxmWvg6atQ

Lastly, this is only information for swapping over the wheel. If you want to add steering wheel controls, it's a bit more involved and requires additional parts and harnesses. If you're swapping in a wheel without steering wheel controls (like I did) it's a direct swap and no additional parts or VAG-COM coding is necessary.

Looking good. I'm guessing lowering is next?? ;)

That's what I hope. Looking into some springs, but I'm going to hold off on installing them until the spring. (Gotta get through our treacherous winter first).

sholksmagen

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I finally done did it:

Went with some VWR Springs, and replaced the pinch bolts, strut bearings and axle bolt. This is a few days after install. I'm looking to get an alignment in a few days.

Overall, I like the subtle drop it provides without being too low. Car handles better, and the ride is close to stock feeling, so I'm content.

efa5

Ready to race!
Nice. Have one in the same colour, the paint really pops after a good polish and detail. Your car reminds me of mine before the mod bug really hit....

sholksmagen

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright, finally got my USP wheels refinished and mounted with a fresh set of Cooper Zeon tires. I also modified the original Audi wheel covers to be more appropriate for my vehicle. Take a look:

Fitment is good, but I do rub in the rear with 225s when the car is loaded with people or if I hit some really big dips.

sholksmagen

Passed Driver's Ed
So, a few changes have been made to my ride:

Firstly, I finally retrofitted the OEM Xenons I've had sitting around for ages. I hadn't tested any of the ballasts, bulbs or housings so I was a bit concerned that things might not work. But after wiring up and coding everything worked, even high beams. Just gotta code out a few bulb out warnings.

Also snagged a set of OEM cherry LED tails and swapped them in. These coded out just fine. Overall I'm really pleased with them. They transform the rear end of the car, and they scream "enthusiast!" to those in the know. I've only ever seen one other MK6 with LEDs, so I feel pretty special.

I've also ordered a set of wheels that will be coming in shortly!