GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have crash stories yet?

TRxxPAxxS

I had the car for 6 weeks. Completely totaled! Now I'm on GTI #2.

Attachments

• crash_edit.jpg
    crash_edit.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 7,226

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
How in the hell did you manage to do that dude

TRxxPAxxS

ouch! more details...road debris? driver error?

Slid around a steep downhill 180 degree turn, smashed into a curb. The curb won. Total driver error, plus I hit a patch of gravel with the front driver's side tire. Wasn't exactly a good day.

ThunderPig

Ready to race!
It doesn't look totaled to me. I did similar to my two week old MK1 and they fixed it no problem. Driver error and hit a curb, same as me. I guess it doesn't take much to total a modern car.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
Slid around a steep downhill 180 degree turn, smashed into a curb. The curb won. Total driver error, plus I hit a patch of gravel with the front driver's side tire. Wasn't exactly a good day.

Congrats.

PB23

Passed Driver's Ed
Ouch!

Rear ended someone who slammed on brakes in front of me.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 262

kisselvw

I bought my shark blue January 4, 2010. Black Ice front end collision January 10. Took over 4 months to fix (due to availability of parts and DUMB stealership parts workers), and grand total was almost $10k of damage.
Replaced pretty much entire front clip. was a PITA, and have regressed to never buying a "new" car ever again...or at least not a first-year vehicle.
Then:

Now:

713gti

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought my shark blue January 4, 2010. Black Ice front end collision January 10. Took over 4 months to fix (due to availability of parts and DUMB stealership parts workers), and grand total was almost $10k of damage.
Replaced pretty much entire front clip. was a PITA, and have regressed to never buying a "new" car ever again...or at least not a first-year vehicle.
Then:

Now:

I'm waiting on a hood that's on back order from Germany right now while my three month old baby is sitting at the shop just taking in that hot summer Houston sun. A lady slammed into the back of me forcing me into an SUV during traffic hour. At the time of the wreck my car was only two months old at that time.

Since yours was in the shop so long did the insurance company pay for your rental? Alot of people are telling me that the person's insurance company will most likely only pay for one month for my rental. I'm quickly approaching that monthly time frame.

713gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is a pic of my car. That bumber is no longer attached, it's just tied to the hood.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 327

dimitry

Ready to race!
What are the stories to go along with the pics? Seems to mostly be rear-ends.

So hard seeing these.