GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anybody actually LIKE the noise pipe?.....(I do)

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
He doesn't think. He knows. He had his plug shot off and lost a few screws inside his engine.

Do it right and just replace it with a Tiguan pipe and Jetta firewall insert. That way, you don't have anything to worry about.

I'm guessing he didn't do the stealth install... he probably did the full delete? I think I saw a thread about this somewhere...

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i plugged mine but then it was too quiet so i put it back in haha. it doesnt bother me

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
They put it in because it was too quiet after all the sound deadening they did in the cockpit. There was a video somewhere where someone from the engineering side was doing a presentation to vw sales or something. I couldn't find it again but it was a pretty interesting overview of the 2010 model changes among other things.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
From Whalesalad:

"Air goes into the intake. It goes back behind your motor, by the firewall, and down into the turbo. Turbo blows that air through your intercooler (also known as a charge air cooler) where it becomes "charged". At that point the air is cooler and more compressed, which is what helps create more power in your engine.

Right before this wonderful and magical air is about to enter your throttle body and later into your engine, there is a big Y pipe. One side of that Y pipe goes right into your throttle body, and then the cylinders. The other side of the Y pipe leads up and around the side (left looking from the front, on the passenger side) of your engine, up and back to your firewall where it ends in a little dongle that makes noise."

The noisepipe is unnecessary added volume to the charged side of your turbo system.

Whalesalad:
Don't mean to be dumb here but everyone talks about better throttle response when removing the noise pipe. From your explanation, since there is less 'dead space' are we really talking about less turbo lag as the turbo will spool up more quickly?

Is turbo lag the same as throttle response? And is turbo lag less with the noise pipe delete?

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
I assume you have this Neuspeed pipe?

it says it fits all 2008.5 and up GTI's. I have an 08 but how do I know mine is a 2008.5? I know VW quietly changed sometime in 2008. Thanks!

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
They put it in because it was too quiet after all the sound deadening they did in the cockpit. There was a video somewhere where someone from the engineering side was doing a presentation to vw sales or something. I couldn't find it again but it was a pretty interesting overview of the 2010 model changes among other things.

it would be cool if you could find that video! Keep us posted.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Why would anyone want to make the noise pipe bigger?

Its adding volume. Meaning adding turbo lag.

BUT

I love the noise pipe, the growl gets the wife wet.
THAT MEANS ITS STAYING!!!!!

"Oh, honey. You're car sounds sexy. It kinda turns me on."--EXACT WORDS

DING DING SEX ME UP!

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Sex>performance

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Who said anything about making it bigger?

I'm not bothering going back through the thread, but I caught that someone said they have freed up most of the air flow through the engine and the noisepipe was the last thing that needed to "free the flow"

If I read it wrong, then my bad.