GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

City Light Bulbs.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Where did you get them?

I buy all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com. Excellent product and extremely fast shipping. You just need 2 194 type bulbs.

WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs with High Power SMD LEDs - 360 type

T3-1/4 (#194/168) type bulbs with High Power SMD. Wide Angle LEDs radially mounted emitting 360 degrees. 12 Volt DC operation.
Replaces: 194, 158, 168, 12256, 12961

koen

Passed Driver's Ed
hello danielj, may i ask what is the exact part number for those LED city light and fog lights? looks perfect!

thanks!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The city lights are xHP5's from superbrightleds.com. The fogs are Luminic Pure White bulbs.

Thank you, I'm very pleased with the look.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Do all the VW mk6's have all the same bulbs? Well minus the difference of HIDS to halogen bulbs of course.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I buy all my LEDs from superbrightleds.com. Excellent product and extremely fast shipping. You just need 2 194 type bulbs.

T3-1/4 (#194/168) type bulbs with High Power SMD. Wide Angle LEDs radially mounted emitting 360 degrees. 12 Volt DC operation.

How aren't you throwing a code with these? Are you using resistors or something?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
How aren't you throwing a code with these? Are you using resistors or something?

No, I'm not using resistors. Did you throw a code when you installed yours?

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
No, I'm not using resistors. Did you throw a code when you installed yours?

Yea, I used similar bulbs (except with 9 LED chips instead of 5 like yours) for my license plate lights and they throw a code. I used a LED bulb in the parking lights and they threw a code too, but I've since replaced them, so the only code I'm throwing is for the plate lighting.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I understand license plate and parking light LEDs will throw a code if resistors are not used. So you didn't try LEDs in your City Lights yet?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm thinking a set of yellow with yellow fogs.

The HIDs and yellow seem to flow

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Ah, gotcha. Wonder why that is.

TRxxPAxxS

I got the same lights, those exact ones through superbrightleds (I bought the white ones).

They definitely throw the bulb out code. I don't know how yours work with no error.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if it is because I did coding for my Golf R LED tails?....

I would have assmumed that would impact just the tails and not all lights.

TRxxPAxxS

Sounds possible.

Does anyone happen to know the operating temperature of the OEM w5w bulbs in the city lights? I think it's around 300 degrees, but I don't know for sure.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion

Very interesting indeed... I can see about testing this theory tomorrow. I'll keep you guys informed!