GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Just googled it lol soooo there's a few gas stations that sell 100 oct can I run the 100 oct with the 104 file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Just googled it lol soooo there's a few gas stations that sell 100 oct can I run the 100 oct with the 104 file?

I would ask APR directly. I personally would not use a lower octane than the file I am using.

JerZyT28

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got my Stage 1 tune on Monday. I was torn between the Cobb AP and APR and decided to go with APR on a whim since I was getting my exhaust put on. I wish they came with the option to switch back to stock and the stage 1 as a default instead of paying extra. I'm at 68k miles and once I get on the gas, I feel slipping on my clutch. I thought I researched everything before I looked into tunes, but I never came upon clutch issues. I love the extra power but I just can't get on it with my clutch. Money restraint keeps me from just buying a clutch. It was a little disheartening to say the least.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
You didn't see clutch discussions in relation to tunes??? Thats a very common topic for manual cars with tunes.
The low output files are more suited to manual cars on stock (or significant mileage) clutches too.
You likely have a 30 day "trial" period with APR where you could get the tune removed and get your money back (minus the shops labor fees). Check with them on that and maybe consider other options.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Just got my Stage 1 tune on Monday. I was torn between the Cobb AP and APR and decided to go with APR on a whim since I was getting my exhaust put on. I wish they came with the option to switch back to stock and the stage 1 as a default instead of paying extra. I'm at 68k miles and once I get on the gas, I feel slipping on my clutch. I thought I researched everything before I looked into tunes, but I never came upon clutch issues. I love the extra power but I just can't get on it with my clutch. Money restraint keeps me from just buying a clutch. It was a little disheartening to say the least.

I've come to this conclusion.
It depends how well you drive your car, or who owned your car before you and how well they drove it.
I'm currently stage 2, high output since December of last year I want to say, whenever the 2.4 released. I was there immediately just about for the flash.
I'm not slipping yet...stock clutch. With that said, I haven't pushed it too too hard because I'm on winter tires at the moment so there is no sense in doing that. Once I get my Summer tires on, I'm sure the clutch is going to take a lot of abuse. However, I do feel, it's based on driving habits and how well the previous driver did when they owned the car if you bought used.

Mine is new, so I'm the only one that has touched this baby and with my experience with manual, I think I'm pretty solid still with this clutch.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Got my update done. All I can say is well done APR! Any DSG owner that is on 2.1, update asap! So much better! So much more torque everywhere as well, especially in 5th and 6th.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I know everyone is saying 5th and 6th gear are pulling better. But how is 1st thru 4th? And if anyone has a boost gauge what are you seeing on it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I know everyone is saying 5th and 6th gear are pulling better. But how is 1st thru 4th? And if anyone has a boost gauge what are you seeing on it.

It pulls harder everywhere in every gear. Such a noticeable difference!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Love this version but it's gotten more clunky as time passes. 3rd slams into 4th at full boost and downshifting in D is not refined. Maybe I need another DSG reset again, who knows. Regardless 5th and 6th full boost makes me happy after having no power at all before.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Love this version but it's gotten more clunky as time passes. 3rd slams into 4th at full boost and downshifting in D is not refined. Maybe I need another DSG reset again, who knows. Regardless 5th and 6th full boost makes me happy after having no power at all before.

Dam when I went from stock to 2.1 I felt like the higher gears pulled harder so I'm guessing this 2.4 makes wakes them up even more. Getting flashed on wensday since I have it off [emoji1303]

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Getting flash done as of now. Let's hope it's everything you guys are saying.

Ihaterice

Ready to race!
Gah every time I consider picking up the phone to schedule an appointment for the updated tune I peep here to see someone complaining about something! I'm dsg and on the old revised stage 2 tune (1.2 I think) and it has treated me very well so of course I'm hesitant.. but its APR, the update has been out for a year now, and we've had 4 revisions for the dsg. It has to be fine. It just has to or we'd be at 2.5 by now. I'm picking up the phone. Y'all just nagging. I got brand new pss and motul 8100xcess oil. I'm doing the update while its still turbo weather outside.

dkg010

Passed Driver's Ed
Gah every time I consider picking up the phone to schedule an appointment for the updated tune I peep here to see someone complaining about something! I'm dsg and on the old revised stage 2 tune (1.2 I think) and it has treated me very well so of course I'm hesitant.. but its APR, the update has been out for a year now, and we've had 4 revisions for the dsg. It has to be fine. It just has to or we'd be at 2.5 by now. I'm picking up the phone. Y'all just nagging. I got brand new pss and motul 8100xcess oil. I'm doing the update while its still turbo weather outside.

even the earlier updates are better than 1.2
that tune was garbage

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
I've come to this conclusion.
It depends how well you drive your car, or who owned your car before you and how well they drove it.
I'm currently stage 2, high output since December of last year I want to say, whenever the 2.4 released. I was there immediately just about for the flash.
I'm not slipping yet...stock clutch. With that said, I haven't pushed it too too hard because I'm on winter tires at the moment so there is no sense in doing that. Once I get my Summer tires on, I'm sure the clutch is going to take a lot of abuse. However, I do feel, it's based on driving habits and how well the previous driver did when they owned the car if you bought used.

Mine is new, so I'm the only one that has touched this baby and with my experience with manual, I think I'm pretty solid still with this clutch.

Just jinxed yourself :)

I'm also original owner and have a unicorn clutch that has survived 4 years of being Stage 2 life. Looking forward to 2.4 as the 2.x one I have now is pretty rough around the edges to say the least.