GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit Low - Equals new ECU

grecom

So I figured I would finally vent my frustration after 2 weeks of hoping for the best. I went APR stage 1 in the beginning of the year, loved it. I decided to go stage 2 (downpipe only) this past November, loved it. 3 weeks later the check engine light comes on. Uh oh...

I'm due for the 20k service, but I had my tuner shop look at it first to see what it was: Evaporative Emission System Purge Control Valve Circuit Low. They said no big deal, happens a lot, should be covered under warranty.

So I bring it back to my dealer and it turns out there is nothing wrong with the part, wiring or anything else. Further diagnostis revealed an internally electronically faulty engine control module. Crap. Quoted $1500ish for just the part. Said no thank you and left.

I then contacted APR and they said to bring it back to my tuner shop and have them look at it again, and if need be send it back to APR for further investigating. After 9 days since it was sent out to APR (prob would have been shorter if they didn't have it over Christmas...) my shop calls to tell me it's back and there's nothing that can be done. :bonk:

The car drives totally fine, but obviously won't pass inspection in April, and who's to say nothing else will go wrong.

So, my car is back in the shop waiting for a new ECU to be installed... At least my shop is cheaper, $1250 and an hour's worth of labor.

Yes, I know I took a risk when I made the choice to get tunned, but I'm still going to be bummed out about it. :mad0259: