GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Phur

Autocross Champion
Both. They always skimp on the Guacamole.
And yes, I know. The Guacamole is extra. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
I don’t do Q’Doba anymore.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I've installed many oem location intercoolers, never had the need to disconnect the radiator. The radiator sits closest to the engine bay, no need to remove or disconnect anything there. Just need to support it with something from the bottom while you are connecting the intercooler to the rad support.

^ oh jeez. I just looked at IE's instructions. What an ass backwards way of doing it. As a tech, I would not recommend doing it that way. instead, remove the core support and go at it from the front. They are showing how to do it with removing the fan shrouds and leaving the core support in. Their way would take a lot longer than the traditional way of removing the core support. And you don't have to drain the coolant if you leave the rad on.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Inside if im fancy. What you gonna dip it?
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Good point
Guacamole in or on a burrito should be a capital offense. Reserved only for chips.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
This was the answer i was looking for^. 100% agree.

Trick question tbh
Both. They always skimp on the Guacamole.
And yes, I know. The Guacamole is extra. [emoji849]
Yeah also true, so much better just to make at home. Cheaper too. Then you stuff your face with as much of it as you want.
Qdoba with the free guac
no qdobas around here anymore :/
I don’t do Q’Doba anymore.
This^

Ive had a place called pancheros that blew away both of them

Phur

Autocross Champion
Really good guacamole is so easy to make. I don’t understand how so much of it that you get out is just... meh.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Pancheros nickles and dimes you here. And their portions are small. But the tortilla taste good from the press machine.

Dan took me to the restaurant once he was talking about, salsa was very good.

Chipotle used to be my go to but I found out I was allergic to some of their seasonings. So qdoba for me.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Are there 2 or 4 abs sensors? Can vagcom tell you exactly which one is failing?

mlody91

Ready to race!
Had an alignment done at a VW dealership since they were having a special this month for $79.95. After the alignment, the tech told me that the passenger rear camber was seized and then mumbled something about a customer with a similar issue paying $1,500 to get it repaired.

My question is - is the upper control arm the main component in the rear suspension that impacts camber? Is there anything else I should consider checking/replacing besides the upper control?

Cheers

smanierre

Autocross Champion
^ oh jeez. I just looked at IE's instructions. What an ass backwards way of doing it. As a tech, I would not recommend doing it that way. instead, remove the core support and go at it from the front. They are showing how to do it with removing the fan shrouds and leaving the core support in. Their way would take a lot longer than the traditional way of removing the core support. And you don't have to drain the coolant if you leave the rad on.

Do you have a link to instructions or a DIY for this? Also how long on average does the install take?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Had an alignment done at a VW dealership since they were having a special this month for $79.95. After the alignment, the tech told me that the passenger rear camber was seized and then mumbled something about a customer with a similar issue paying $1,500 to get it repaired.

My question is - is the upper control arm the main component in the rear suspension that impacts camber? Is there anything else I should consider checking/replacing besides the upper control?

Cheers
The upper and lower control arms are what effect camber, they are both relatively cheap parts. I actually have 2 brand new upper control arms for sale if you need, I'd sell them cheap because I'll never use them. $1500 sounds insane. I replaced seized lower control arms for a guy last weekend and charged $120 for it. Don't pay $1500, he's trying to rip you off.

Do you have a link to instructions or a DIY for this? Also how long on average does the install take?
I did mine start to finish in about 3 hours by myself a few months ago, but I've probably installed ~15 or more for people over the years so it was fairly second nature. Depending on how mechanically inclined you are I'd plan on 5-6 hours if it's your first time. I think this diy covers most of it..

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50973

mlody91

Ready to race!
The upper and lower control arms are what effect camber, they are both relatively cheap parts. I actually have 2 brand new upper control arms for sale if you need, I'd sell them cheap because I'll never use them. $1500 sounds insane. I replaced seized lower control arms for a guy last weekend and charged $120 for it. Don't pay $1500, he's trying to rip you off.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50973

Are they with the bushings already pressed and the necessary hardware included?

He muttered $1,500 and I think my facial expression gave it away that I thought he was full of shit. A simple search on ecs and I could probably replace both upper and lower control arms with hardware and bushings for around $320-350. I don't know where he got $1,500 from.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Are they with the bushings already pressed and the necessary hardware included?

He muttered $1,500 and I think my facial expression gave it away that I thought he was full of shit. A simple search on ecs and I could probably replace both upper and lower control arms with hardware and bushings for around $320-350. I don't know where he got $1,500 from.
You'd have to get the 4 bolts but they have oem bushings pressed in already.