GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just purchased a 2009 GTI

depuck2014

ok thanks for the clarification. now I can look for MKV sh*t... Any suggestions for upgrades? Also I have read some posts of 60K service being upwards of $800. I cant foot that bill right away but im about 4K away from it

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
You gotta fill that hood emblem notch or put the VW front emblem back on, just doesn't look right without the notch filled.

http://www.golfmkv.com/

Great wealth of info and members on the mkv forum, they'll know your car inside and out.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
ok thanks for the clarification. now I can look for MKV sh*t... Any suggestions for upgrades? Also I have read some posts of 60K service being upwards of $800. I cant foot that bill right away but im about 4K away from it

http://www.golfmkv.com is probably the best source of info for that kind of stuff. You're on a different platform from us and not everything meshes up. Dunno about 60K mile service being $800, seems steep, but I'd check with the dealer to see what all is done at 60K.

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed

If your transmission is DSG, if the fluid needs to be changed the service is expensive, not sure if $800 is accurate for that service interval. Check your manual, call a dealer or third party vw service to quote for that maintenance interval.

depuck2014

Ok, Ill check out that resource. How do I know if I have DSG trans? Oh wait a minute, it says DSG on my shift knob... And I do have the steering paddles for manual shifting. I suppose so then.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
If your transmission is DSG, if the fluid needs to be changed the service is expensive, not sure if $800 is accurate for that service interval. Check your manual, call a dealer or third party vw service to quote for that maintenance interval.

DSG is 40K as far as I know in both MKV and MKVI. I was quoted just shy of $500 for my 40K service. That included an oil change though.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Ok, Ill check out that resource. How do I know if I have DSG trans? Oh wait a minute, it says DSG on my shift knob... And I do have the steering paddles for manual shifting. I suppose so then.

DSG is the automatic transmissions in the late MKV and MKVI platform. It's not your average automatic though.

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
DSG is 40K as far as I know in both MKV and MKVI. I was quoted just shy of $500 for my 40K service. That included an oil change though.

Yeah that sounds more like it. I get the intervals confused all the time because most people refer to miles on here, whereas I reference km.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that sounds more like it. I get the intervals confused all the time because most people refer to miles on here, whereas I reference km.

I would imagine that would get quite confusing. I would prefer to use the metric system honestly, I don't subscribe the the standard system is better theory. I honestly don't know why it's called standard.