GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Headlight Loose bulb connection

sunny1golf

Hi All!

Hope all is well.

I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this, my headlight went out a few days ago, dashed board light popped on, so I went to the local garage replaced the bulb initially thinking it wasn't working at all, until I tried to 'tighten' the holder.

When I pull up slightly on the bulb holder the headlight turns on, as soon as I let go it goes off again. The only thing I can possibly think of is a loose connection, or it isn't 'screwing' in properly as it's too stiff, but I do hear a clear click when turning it into place.

Has anyone had this problem, or has any idea how to fix it? I'm no expert so I apologise if I misused any terminology.

Maybe it is the Headlight bulb holder? (clip thing) that needs replacing although looked ok? I cant seem to find an OEM part?! no doubt VW will want silly amounts?

Seedy

I’ve heard today from a very experienced MOT mechanic that there is a modification for this which TPS can supply. I too have the same issue and am looking to buy a set. No idea what they are but if anyone else has experience in replacing/installing and sourcing them, please let me/us know. Thank you

edit: just found this video with the exact issue;
YouTube

Last edited: