GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car won't start, help guys.

Vroomer

Banned
So I just put on my winter wheels, tried turning the car on and nothing, just really loud clicks. The power is there, one time I got esp error message, another time I tried i got a move lever to p/n position, both errors just show up for a second. Not sure what to do, battery tester shows it as fine, lights and everything else turns on, any ideas guys? Otherwise I am stuck until Monday to tow it to some shop. :(

And no, not flashed, ECU is stock, all I got is led tails for Mods.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Did you leave the lights on or anything? Even though your tester said it's ok it sounds like the battery could be drained.

Vroomer

Banned
Did you leave the lights on or anything? Even though your tester said it's ok it sounds like the battery could be drained.

I did use the compressor to get the tires up a few psi's, and that plugs in to the 12v outlet so I did think that it maybe drained the battery, but all the lights turn on and radio so maybe not?

WAP

Go Kart Champion

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
Do your lights dim when you turn it over?

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG
APR Carbonio Stg1 intake

Gunz5223

Passed Driver's Ed
Get the battery checked before you replace could just be from the compressor. Shouldn't need vagcom for the battery tho.

Remember to reset your steering(full left then full right) and pinch proctection on Windows(hold windows up +3-5sec). Freaked me out first time I pulled the battery lol.

2012 Tornado Red GTI DSG
APR Carbonio Stg1 intake

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Yeah you probably don't need a new battery. You just drained it too much with the compressor. Next time just leave the car running when using it.

Vroomer

Banned
I only used the compressor for less then 10 min, plus the car has never had it's battery replaced in close to 6 six years now, so I suspect it could be at the end of it's life. I will definitely get it tested though.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2011 GTI. Ive drained my battery 5 times at least. And jumped a few cars.

I killed my battery last week. Went to get it checked before replacing. Still operating almost perfectly. There is a chance the compressor used that much power. Dont forget if you left a door open all the interior lights. Those puppies chew up some power.