GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Finally got the last major part in before I get my custom tune. Now I just gotta get the rest of the pieces of the meth kit together and some spark plugs and i'll be good to go. Probably gonna wait until spring though since I don't plan on driving it much during winter. For anyone that has done a meth setup, how much line did you order? It's sold by the meter, I was thinking 6m just to be safe, only doing one jet on the outlet of the intercooler at the moment. Also i'm assuming an inline filter is a good idea right? Lastly, i'm guessing a check valve is a good idea too since i'm not going with a FAV at the moment, how close should it go to the jet? I'm guessing as close as possible? The meth thread is probably the better place for these questions but this one seems to get more traffic.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Finally got the last major part in before I get my custom tune. Now I just gotta get the rest of the pieces of the meth kit together and some spark plugs and i'll be good to go. Probably gonna wait until spring though since I don't plan on driving it much during winter. For anyone that has done a meth setup, how much line did you order? It's sold by the meter, I was thinking 6m just to be safe, only doing one jet on the outlet of the intercooler at the moment. Also i'm assuming an inline filter is a good idea right? Lastly, i'm guessing a check valve is a good idea too since i'm not going with a FAV at the moment, how close should it go to the jet? I'm guessing as close as possible? The meth thread is probably the better place for these questions but this one seems to get more traffic.

Aquamist kit has 6m of 6mm OD and 2m of 4mm OD included. So I'd get a little extra on top of that for insurance.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Aquamist kit has 6m of 6mm OD and 2m of 4mm OD included. So I'd get a little extra on top of that for insurance.

Ok, what is the 6mm used for vs the 4mm? is it 6mm from the pump to the FAV then 4mm from there or the distributor block to the jets?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Ok, what is the 6mm used for vs the 4mm? is it 6mm from the pump to the FAV then 4mm from there or the distributor block to the jets?

Yeah that's what hyde told me. 6mm from trunk(pump) to fav and 4mm after that. I'd message him on here or FB to confirm.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yeah that's what hyde told me. 6mm from trunk(pump) to fav and 4mm after that. I'd message him on here or FB to confirm.

Yea i'm in a WM/Aux Fuel facebook group with him where I could ask. Only thing is i'm not running a fav for the initial setup. Since it's just gonna be one jet for now with probably just a check valve, I would think running 4mm the whole way would be fine.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Yea i'm in a WM/Aux Fuel facebook group with him where I could ask. Only thing is i'm not running a fav for the initial setup. Since it's just gonna be one jet for now with probably just a check valve, I would think running 4mm the whole way would be fine.

Just one jet? I thought you were doing a full DPI setup? Yeah I'm in torqbyte group also, probably just go with Aquamist kit for now, if I needed Port fuel for pump gas I'd definitely go torqbyte.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just one jet? I thought you were doing a full DPI setup? Yeah I'm in torqbyte group also, probably just go with Aquamist kit for now, if I needed Port fuel for pump gas I'd definitely go torqbyte.

One jet for now, once I go big turbo i'll be going direct port meth with aux port injectors for fuel. Was planning on DPI but figured it would be too much of a pain for the gain i'd get on the stock turbo. I already have the Torqbyte, want to get it all installed so when I go direct port it will be as easy as just adding a T and a distribution block with the main line already run.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Any tips for getting the rotor off the hub? Soaking in pb blaster overnight right now

A big mallet. If that doesn't work, a bigger mallet.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
A big mallet. If that doesn't work, a bigger mallet.

^ this. I like to start with a deadblow or even a rubber mallet, but if that doesn’t do the trick then a proper steel mallet used on the center, where the rotor mates to the hub, will eventually do the trick. But if you’re replacing them, then just bang on them however you think will work.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Oh, and when the rotor comes off be sure to clean off the face of the hub with a wire brush or steel wool or something so the new rotor fits properly.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Is that license plate frame really true? I feel like someone who graduated Harvard would be too smart to buy a VW.

flawedcitizen

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea I wrapped it myself, and shhhh its a secret I just graduated high school 2 years ago I’m still in college lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk