GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI - Mk6 Torque Arm Insert TSI - 09+ / 2.5L / TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

egti

Ready to race!
Finally got a chance to install it (Stage 1) after it sitting there for like half a year. Great feel! There is indeed noticeable vibration. But I kinda think it is cool. Anyway, hope it will subside after it breaks it.

I didn't use any mallet. But I lube it like crazy, and it did take great effort to slide it in. I first pushed it in with the stock bolt on. And half way through (when it was real heard to push further), I took the bolt and the stock washer out. It did ease the insertion after the stock bolt was out. I know this is obvious, but the online manual didn't mention the stock washer. Guess it may be helpful for people to know.

egti

Ready to race!
I am just curious. Why you decided to provide a new bolt while some other suppliers save on that and use the stock one?

mike12

Passed Driver's Ed
I am just curious. Why you decided to provide a new bolt while some other suppliers save on that and use the stock one?

incase someone is dumb enough to jack up the stock one by misthreading it or using an impact wrench on it

egti

Ready to race!
Speaking of the wrench, the 1/4 turn gave me a lot of muscle pain. :p

BTW, is the bolt provided a stretch bolt or not?

Last edited:

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
The replacement bolt provided is a class 10.9 22mm tempered steel hex bolt.

egti

Ready to race!
Thanks for answering my question in PM. I have another question. I figure it will be better to ask here to get more inputs. I don't think the vibration is bad at all. So, I am thinking about going Stage 2. How easy it is to remove the insert I have now? Any tips? It took quite an effort to put it in. I figure it will be equally hard if not more to take it out.

Thanks!

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for answering my question in PM. I have another question. I figure it will be better to ask here to get more inputs. I don't think the vibration is bad at all. So, I am thinking about going Stage 2. How easy it is to remove the insert I have now? Any tips? It took quite an effort to put it in. I figure it will be equally hard if not more to take it out.

Thanks!

Removing the insert can be done, but you need to have some patience while removing it because it's probably in there pretty snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.