GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gli vs Evo IX

EvoX1

Ready to race!
I'll ask for the exact mod list, from top of my head, he's got turbo back exhaust, intake, boost controller at 21 psi and he's tuning with one of those ecu programs that give you full control, since that run he's checked for leaks, added water/meth and tuned a little more, we are in for a re-run probably probably Sunday he's only day off will video for sure.

He should bring it to a real tuner. With those mods and water meth he should be making upwards of 360 awhp and weigh less than you, the stock evo 9 turbo is larger than the K04 as well, giving him the top end advantage..

chefsgli

Passed Driver's Ed
He should bring it to a real tuner. With those mods and water meth he should be making upwards of 360 awhp and weigh less than you, the stock evo 9 turbo is larger than the K04 as well, giving him the top end advantage..

He's not lighter that's for sure rolls hinder 4wd benefits and he was not on w/m on that run he changed plugs, checked for leaks added w/m and retune I know its a better overall platform we both have been tuning 4g63's for 10 yrs. He just got confident and whammy lol when I raced him stock it was like my gli was actually in reverse bahaha from a dig its just fugly.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

He's not lighter that's for sure rolls hinder 4wd benefits and he was not on w/m on that run he changed plugs, checked for leaks added w/m and retune I know its a better overall platform we both have been tuning 4g63's for 10 yrs. He just got confident and whammy lol when I raced him stock it was like my gli was actually in reverse bahaha from a dig its just fugly.

EvoX knows his shit about those cars. If I remember correctly he is a moderator on a few evo forums and has owned quite a few. FWIW just by googling what they weigh I found that they are around 3200 pounds..which should be less or damn close to the Gli.

I'm k04 and probably wouldn't mess with it...

chefsgli

Passed Driver's Ed
EvoX knows his shit about those cars. If I remember correctly he is a moderator on a few evo forums and has owned quite a few. FWIW just by googling what they weigh I found that they are around 3200 pounds..which should be less or damn close to the Gli.

I'm k04 and probably wouldn't mess with it...

I know evos are faster in fact I'm helping litttle bro by getting him 1000cc inyectors to run more boost and try e85 and/or c16 turn up boost to high 20's jumped on the weight subject by reading evo X and not taking into account its my brother's IX in question.

FJF

I know evos are faster in fact I'm helping litttle bro by getting him 1000cc inyectors to run more boost and try e85 and/or c16 turn up boost to high 20's jumped on the weight subject by reading evo X and not taking into account its my brother's IX in question.

I usually just lurk and read, but the above really doesn't sound right.

jeproks

My apologies to everybody for :threadjacked: but Luis left me no recourse.

Luis,

Since you don't respond to my email but had the time to look in the forum, I will post here:

When can I expect my refund for the gti headlights? I have a letter from the post office that you cashed the postal insurance check last Feb. 11. I am out $530 since late Nov because the lights you sent were busted "during shipping". It's a good thing I knew somebody in the PO. You can PM, Email or refund the full amount via paypal.

Link to Luis Rodriguez a.k.a chefsgli ad: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49496

Headlight pictures out of the box