GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

300- 330whp civic vs Stage 3 gti 350-360whp

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Aka you can't disprove anything I just said and have no counter argument because everything you said was either an assumption or factually incorrect. Am I right?

I just learned the FA5 is a sedan, I've seen you post here for some time and always imagined a coupe. Sedan > Coupe. Anyway, that thing must be ridiculously fun. My hat's off to your experience :word:

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Don't get me wrong, I've been on both sides of the fence with Hondas and VW crowds. TBH, the VW crowd isn't the most friendly bunch to deal with. After attending a few local meets, I can safely say that 75% of the folks I've encountered are douchebags who won't talk to you because your car doesn't have $4K set of wheels and isn't on airbags. I definitely wasn't expecting a welcoming party but damn.....stuck-up people makes you don't even want to enjoy yourself being there.

The VW scene has changed a lot in the past 10 years.
10 years ago, "looks" wasnt everything.
nowadays, you can have a bone stock gti on bags and a 4k set of wheels, and you will very easily get sponsors and get featured in magazines.
have completely rebuilt engine on full race suspension that can actually play the part of being fast in the corners, and you might get some appreciation. maybe a couple sponsors. an article in 1 magazine at most.
but get that gti. slam it. put a set of hre's on it, and you will get into every euro magazine and you'll get tons of pictures taken of your car

very few guys still mod for performance.
99% of them are for looks and looks only.

i will admit, many VW guys are douchebags. every car "group" has it's douchebags, but i feel less rejected here than i would at a jdm meet.
jdm meets however will appreciate power and track built cars A LOT more than euro guys will
a lot of euro guys now are all "BBS THIS HRE THAT BROTIFORM BLQS"
it gets annoying after a while. everyone is getting 10" wide wheel, but throwing on tires made for a 7" wheel on it so they dont rub and so they have "stance"
i actually wanna take advantage of my width, not use it as a lip and camber the wheels like crazy
sure they look awesome and everything, but it's overplayed now

/rant

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Aka you can't disprove anything I just said and have no counter argument because everything you said was either an assumption or factually incorrect. Am I right?

I have plenty of counter arguments and facts. I just have no care to continue discussing this as its not worth arguing with someone online. No point. Everyone has their own opinions and its a free country. If it makes you feel special to think that I had no counter argument or facts, then go for it. Whatever floats your boat. :iono:

You didn't even get the veiled compliments I gave your car. ;)

:w00t:

BlownFa5

Banned
I just learned the FA5 is a sedan, I've seen you post here for some time and always imagined a coupe. Sedan > Coupe. Anyway, that thing must be ridiculously fun. My hat's off to your experience :word:

Civics really aren't the best looking cars to begin with but I think the sedan looks worlds better than the coupes, not to mention the added practicality of four doors/roomier interior.

I never really considered getting a coupe (fg2) si. I was actually narrowed down between the fa5 and rsx-s and ultimately chose the fa5 because of the extra room + lsd.

But thanks! It really is a blast to drive. I still enjoy driving it everyday even after having the car/power so long. Only problem is when I get that itch for more power :lol:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
The SI sedan does better styling than the coupe. :)