GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some opinions and ideas?? plz help me out

GOLF 2.5

Ready to race!
( sorry for how long this is but i want to be thuro)
Im extremely new to this forum but i havent been finding many mods for my 2.5 golf... i got a base model 5 cylinder 2.5 golf still rolling on stealies... ive had the worst luck with this car. i got a dent on the hood from a deer jumping in front and basically on my car going 30, got a wierd scratch on the hood as well from an SUV kicking something up off the high way to hit my hood hard, and got some ugly deep scratches on my back bumper from leaving the car parked to close to the shopping carts at shop rite, rear breaks where defective...fixed...and same problems are happening again so i assume there defective...again!!
:mad0259:
I want to mod this car up myself and have decided to start with some little things since money is hard to find being a college student, im goin to prob do the rear windshield wiper delete for the sleek look and remove all those pesky dealership badges it has from the dealership, im also thinkin of swappin out all the interior lights for some blue LED bulbs need help with that and one of the things i really wanted to do is swap the DRL or city lights with blue stealth bulbs but havent got a clue on how to find the right bulb for that...
:23:
PLEASE HELP ME

junior0404

Ready to race!
yeah we are kinda in a hard spot atm since there aren't many performance upgrade for us atm.. but for now I am fully working on looks and handling, this is my list:

Tint = Done
Debage = done
add some decals = done
suspension/sways = done

next up is exhaust, wheels, intake, SS and hopefuly by than some performance parts are out, if not i'll go for stage 1 tune from our canadian friends at unitronic, or maybe someone else if they descide to think that we who own the 2.5l need upgrades too :(. anyways sound systems is in that list somewhere too, will do it whenever i feel like it lol.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
You should get an AWE exhaust, the 2.5 sounds like a viper with the right exhaust on it.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I think that one and the GHL sound the best.... but from what I remember GHL went out of business a bit ago??

Oh and if you have the stock steelies on your car you should get some nicer wheels :)

I think that one and the GHL sound the best.... but from what I remember GHL went out of business a bit ago??

Oh and if you have the stock steelies on your car you should get some nicer wheels :)

get some GTI wheels, get rid of the 2.5 trim at the back, get the AWE exhaust, and you're set.

that exhaust sounds terrific. Like an R32.

GOLF 2.5

Ready to race!
Follow link bellow. Select blue (at the bottom of screen) and number (2 in roof (front), 3 in roof (back), 2 in foot wells) for a total of 7. Or pick how ever many you want to change out.

I put in cool white up top and red in the foot wells. Looks a lot better than stock incandescents.

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=337

Thank you soo much this was exactly what i was looking for and id probably do the same thing you did with the footwells but wit blue if i had any footwell lights but thank you soo much great help

yeah we are kinda in a hard spot atm since there aren't many performance upgrade for us atm.. but for now I am fully working on looks and handling, this is my list:

Tint = Done
Debage = done
add some decals = done
suspension/sways = done

next up is exhaust, wheels, intake, SS and hopefuly by than some performance parts are out, if not i'll go for stage 1 tune from our canadian friends at unitronic, or maybe someone else if they descide to think that we who own the 2.5l need upgrades too :(. anyways sound systems is in that list somewhere too, will do it whenever i feel like it lol.

yea man that sounds good im most likely goin to do the same thing but did you find an exhaust for our car because ive been looking around and i cant find a bolt on one due to the fact we have a mafless intake system and all the intakes ive found that would fit have the maf sensor port???

And to all disregard post #8 im still trying to get this quoting thing down and for some reason it isnt deleting but yea keep sending in those ideas theyre really a great help

SWaGGRWaGGN

hey guys i actually just made an account on this website i realized there was a forum for every other VW (GTI forums, .:R forums, Cabby forums) so there must be one for the 2.5L

Im having a huge problem finding performance parts like intakes if anyone sees anything hit me up! :D

btw i got a catback from neuspeed it sounds AMAZING if ur still looking for the upgraded exhaust :thumbsup:

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
hey guys i actually just made an account on this website i realized there was a forum for every other VW (GTI forums, .:R forums, Cabby forums) so there must be one for the 2.5L

Im having a huge problem finding performance parts like intakes if anyone sees anything hit me up! :D

btw i got a catback from neuspeed it sounds AMAZING if ur still looking for the upgraded exhaust :thumbsup:

Neuspeed does an intake for our engines. So does APR. Personally I'd go with the APR intake simply because it just looks better and last I checked was a little bit less if you get it from apr's site.

GOLF 2.5

Ready to race!
Neuspeed does an intake for our engines. So does APR. Personally I'd go with the APR intake simply because it just looks better and last I checked was a little bit less if you get it from apr's site.

thanks ive seen the nuespeed one but it has ports for maf sensors on it and it also seems to have them on the apr one and when i went to waterfest nuespeed told me that they "cant ensure it will fit the 2.5L 2010 golf"

and before i drop about 300 on an intake it better fit and perform know wat i mean??