GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

Gino

Ready to race!
Would getting this new ECM patch prior to a TBE be smart? People haven't seemed to experience any problems bringing in modded cars other than losing their tune. I am not even tuned yet.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Would getting this new ECM patch prior to a TBE be smart? People haven't seemed to experience any problems bringing in modded cars other than losing their tune. I am not even tuned yet.

it wouldn't matter putting your TBE before or after

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i guess ill just roll up to the dealer one of these days for a courtesy wash and ask about the update. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Sub'd. Got the update on Monday and I'm not loving being stuck in stock mode. I will say my car is much, much smoother in the lower rpm.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
We'll see how the stock map does with my F23... That'll be interesting.

Do you have a MBC?

If not i would baby it Doug highly recommends a MBC if not running a f23 specific tune.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I thought all 2011 GTIs were affected.
But I called my dealership and they checked my VIN and they said there are no outstanding recalls on it.

Jared32

Ready to race!
Just checked the vin for my 2012 and it came up

Sent from my distracter to yours...

Firestem4

Ready to race!
I did and it doesn't.
Not all 2011's are being recalled?

I called my dealer and they looked it up for me as well, they said that my car didn't need the update. I have an early model '11.

They did however say I had a recall on my water pump... This will make it my 4th pump..

jshay

Go Kart Champion
About to get my operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Just finished my update. My box code went from 06J906027J_1637 > 06J997029D_1509. I went in WITH my tune still in place (Driver Motorsport ECU tune and GIAC TSU tune) and had no issues with them flashing my car.