GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kansas City

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Aha, that is Luke's car, he told me about doing the induction service on his own car last time I was in there. He did think that it was working and if nothing else slowed down the carbon nightmare. I'm surprised that they didn't offer you something for loaning your car, you know something to make it worthwhile for your time. The least they could have offered was a free induction service...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BG44K-BG-44...Parts_Accessories&hash=item25906a23f4&vxp=mtr

that's what I use periodically, just be sure to hose it off your car if you spill any! It is hard on paint/clear if you spill and fail to remove ASAP.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
A new fun problem with the GTI...does anyone else have paint peeling right near the outside edge of their fog lights? I found this recently on my car. For now my band-aid fix was to peel away a bit of this paint and then carefully touch up the area hopefully sealing the edges so it won't degrade further :( Looking at a bumper respray if I keep this car long-term.

SWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have a tuning recommendation for a 2013 GTI that isn't APR in the KC area? I've heard some good things about Unitronic, but the closest dealer per their website is in Omaha. Would prefer to find something closer.

SWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to give them a call. When I checked the GIAC website it didn't list any dealers anywhere near KC.

haylo75

Ready to race!
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to give them a call. When I checked the GIAC website it didn't list any dealers anywhere near KC.
I was at Santa Fe a few weeks ago for winter tire install. They do good work, and are used to working with high performance cars daily. I didn't know they were a GIAC dealer either though.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion

Last edited:

ohsnapzombies

Ready to race!
Just curious, Anyone know anyone that bought my old car i traded in at Salina, KS last Feb. Last I heard before I moved is that they sold it at auction and it ended up in missouri. It was a white 2011 GTI w/sunroof/plaid on DG springs. It's APR tuned. Just wondering if the new owner figured that out yet.

BlackedOutZ28

Anyone have any recommendations for good local indie VW shops in the KC Metro area? Picked up my first VW and would like a well recommended shop I can use if needed.

Thanks!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have any recommendations for good local indie VW shops in the KC Metro area? Picked up my first VW and would like a well recommended shop I can use if needed.

Thanks!
Autopia for basic stuff. BHR for mods or PHP in Joplin. Bud Brown VW is the best for dealer service.

haylo75

Ready to race!
ImportMasters is a good independent shop as well.

Thanks!