GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is this price I got normal?

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
Cherry Hill Imports for the WIN! Just picked mine up there and know all the guys there pretty well. They will bend over backwards for you. Pyro H4cker I sent you a PM to help you with your purchase from there.

Kevin

Walter2

Ready to race!
Went back to my dealer today with a quote that I had gotten from Derrick at Commonwealth VW. My dealer told the best they could do was 26.8 for a CSGM, Sunroof, 18's, bluetooth, dynaudio. They even showed me the car invoices at 25,499. I walked. Oh yea car has 188 miles on it. For you guys that may not seem like a lot, but I live on an island where it is 150 miles to go around the damn thing and 188 miles is A LOT on a brand new car from test drives on an island (the most you will go is 5 miles on a test drive).

Looks like I'll be taking my business to Cali. Sucks, wish I could have pumped some money back into our state with our hurting economy.

vitaminC

Passed Driver's Ed
188 miles on a brand new car IS a lot. car dealers may have a different thought, but we are the ones who pay for the cars so if we do not think it is new, then it is not new.

I am ok with 50 miles on the clock, but no more than that

pyro h4cker1

Ready to race!
Gotta love cherry hill imports

Just picked up my car for 24,448

BMP manual, sunroof, hids, rubbber mats, detroits 2 dr

Biggest kicker for me was that they gave me 120% trade in value and 1.9 apr

which equates to me getting a mk6 with all the options and having a lower monthly payment :)

ms6bb0y

lol no credit for dude. sounds like u got the same deal i did. not sure if u got all the options tho

Walter2

Ready to race!
Got my car:

2 door Candy white
6 MT
Dynaudio
Bluetooth

23,588 which is under invoice! TOtal coast is 24343 + tax and title (have to ship the car here) as the dealers here only sell for MSRP (or about 100-200 below). Can't wait for it to get here.

Walter2

Ready to race!
So I a little update. After seeing a Shadow Blue GTI I backed out of the sale (at that time of posting I hadn't signed anything yet). The dealer wasn't to happy but I found a Shadow Blue GTI at Oakland VW. This is what I got:

2010 Shadow Blue GTI
2 Door
6 Speed Manual
Detroits
Dynaudio
Sunroof

$25,164 + Tax and Title. I paid $100 dollars under invoice, which is the exact price zag.com quoted me. I am so happy!

Last edited:

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
looks great man but that red stripe gotta go for me :p but ur price is pretty good

Exactly my thoughts. I love that color but the red stripe/calipers makes it look... less than it should.

Walter2

Ready to race!
I am going to clean it up once it gets here. The red is a little to flashy for a car with such a classy looking color.

JackReacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Exactly my thoughts. I love that color but the red stripe/calipers makes it look... less than it should.

I am still confused what you guys are talking about, is it Walter's car that you are referencing? If so all NA GTIs I have seen have the red stripes on the grill and the red calipers.

Walter2

Ready to race!
I am still confused what you guys are talking about, is it Walter's car that you are referencing? If so all NA GTIs I have seen have the red stripes on the grill and the red calipers.

Yea they are saying that the red-stripe/calipers don't quite match the Shadow Blue GTI that well. I am stuck in the middle of whether I want to keep it like that or get it painted.