GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone Run Against Accord V6 Coupe?

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I think thats where torque and power band come into play

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yup and getting that power to the ground (traction).

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Its kind of crazy to me that you even kept up being that your on the stock tune. Do you have any performance mods like an intake or downpipe or anything?

Was the accord an automatic? I hear automatic accords are considerably slower due to its longgg gears.

Well, I have some exhaust work done, but nothing that would significantly increase my engine power. And, I do believe that it was a V6 auto and I think my saving grace is I have the DSG transmission.

During the race, every time the DSG shifted, it felt like I was going to reel him in, but nope the K03 + stock map didn't provide the power, and the Accord would just start walking away again. I expected to lose by a bus, but it was much closer.

I'm sure a seasoned driver with the 6-speed would have put 3 cars on me lol.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Going to ask the dumb question probably...

So if my GTI @ Stage1 w/ intake is 253HP and around 3,100 lbs. That gives it 0.0826 HP per LB
The Honda Accord V6 is 278HP and around 3,400 lbs, that gives it 0.0817 HP per LB

Wouldn't this be pretty close to a drivers race? What am I missing that you need to go Stage II to keep up, and even then might not. Just Curious.

(I don't race anyone, so I am sure I am missing something obvious, that's why I said dumb question...)

Most stage 1 tunes are roughly 230whp and 250wtq, which would put us at like .074hp per lb. :(

(Sorry for double post.)

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Has anyone run one of these yet? I'm about to ask one of the engineers at my office that has one to run me during lunch. lol

Kinda hard to get an accord v6 to run you on the streets, most people that have those are family types or simply don't care about cars.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Hondas v6 engines are greatly underestimated. The old CL type s have been known to pull on a number of "sports" cars (cough 350z cough).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Has anyone run one of these yet? I'm about to ask one of the engineers at my office that has one to run me during lunch. lol

Kinda hard to get an accord v6 to run you on the streets, most people that have those are family types or simply don't care about cars.

Are you trying to race from a dig or a roll? If your tires are good try a 1st gear 20 roll or 2nd gear 40 roll, On cobb Stage 1+ I never found these cars to be a problem.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Are you trying to race from a dig or a roll? If your tires are good try a 1st gear 20 roll or 2nd gear 40 roll, On cobb Stage 1+ I never found these cars to be a problem.

Whatever I come across, doesn't matter if dig or not. With my new tires, I get traction part of first and all of the rest. I'd take a 30-40mph roll and see what happens. I'm stage 1 so I won't be upset if I lose, just want to see how I stack up against one.