GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
went to a cold cars and coffee today. only mk6 there but lots of nice cars and a few other VWs showed up.

Spoonylove

Passed Driver's Ed
For whatever reason it won’t let me post picture but today.... I installed a set of Bilstein B14/16 coilovers, adjustable endlinks, GFB DV, and did some carbon cleaning. So much better of a ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
For whatever reason it won’t let me post picture but today.... I installed a set of Bilstein B14/16 coilovers, adjustable endlinks, GFB DV, and did some carbon cleaning. So much better of a ride!

Solid [emoji1360]

josclo

Where did you put the ballast? These are awesome and plug and play? No splicing right? These might beat DeAuto’s H7RC!

I had to get an adapter and modify that because this is what my bulb goes into

So I got these

I’ll try and get pics 2maro. All my wiring fit inside the housing itself

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I was going to say SQ5 but I think I prefer the look of the Atlas. And it looks like you can get a VR6! That should please a lot of people.

An Atlas is HUUUGE...physically on the outside, but has lots of room on the inside too

It does have 3.6 VR6, BUT that's an old engine....been around 12+ years now and it's just "okay" in the big Atlas

2.0T's will be rolling out soon....hopefully a tune on that should make it more potent

DELETE

Autocross Champion
An Atlas is HUUUGE...physically on the outside, but has lots of room on the inside too

It does have 3.6 VR6, BUT that's an old engine....been around 12+ years now and it's just "okay" in the big Atlas

2.0T's will be rolling out soon....hopefully a tune on that should make it more potent

Excellent...

Jaber

Modero

I know a couple owners and they're pretty happy with the Atlas. Only negative comment is the MPG. One is getting 13-14MPG city and another is getting 19MPG Highway. Thing is massive inside, much room.

Phur

Autocross Champion
For something that big they should have the 3.0T.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Dropped her off at the shop today for the hard shifting problem that developed the other day.

During my drive home from work, it suddenly became difficult to shift into gear. The lower the gear, the harder I'd have to push. Reverse was almost impossible. Higher gears were easier, but it still felt clunky.

I was hopeful all I had to do was readjust the shift cables, but there's only a problem when the engine's running- when it's off, it shifts just fine, so that can't be it. I don't think it's a bad slave cylinder, since there are no indications of a brake fluid leak. I read online where several others had the same symptoms, and most with the same diagnosis. Apparently, the pressure plate is a somewhat-common point of failure, where springs break, and it keeps the clutch disc from fully disengaging from the flywheel. My money's on that, but I guess we'll see when they call me back tomorrow.

Out of allllllll the common issues I've researched afflicting the Mk6, that's one I never saw, and that's the first one that really bit me :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you. Same exact thing happened to me. Pressure plate took a shit. Luckily, the clutch assembly was covered under CPO warranty.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I know a couple owners and they're pretty happy with the Atlas. Only negative comment is the MPG. One is getting 13-14MPG city and another is getting 19MPG Highway. Thing is massive inside, much room.

Those are the same numbers I’m seeing in the Gti lol so that’s fine. It’s regular gas at least? Lol

Yakuzi

Ready to race!

Joined the LEDtails Gang tonite. Pics are from after i cleaned em down w rubbing compound. Bought from another member on here, lights are trash (depo, inner driverside light has melted led housing that i wasnt aware of until cleaning earlier tonite and seller didnt disclose this when i was there, but, idgaf), a tab was missing, two are fogged up and they certainly dont fit flush at all but for the price i got em, im satisfied.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Yeah...dat gas mileage though :/

Don't get me wrong.....I'm considering one next year. Hopefully the 2.0T can give a bump in those MPG's

Those are the same numbers I’m seeing in the Gti lol so that’s fine. It’s regular gas at least? Lol

Yup, regular

DELETE

Autocross Champion

Joined the LEDtails Gang tonite. Pics are from after i cleaned em down w rubbing compound. Bought from another member on here, lights are trash (depo, inner driverside light has melted led housing that i wasnt aware of until cleaning earlier tonite and seller didnt disclose this when i was there, but, idgaf), a tab was missing, two are fogged up and they certainly dont fit flush at all but for the price i got em, im satisfied.

Dude I just sold my Ed’s cherry red set because I was experiencing a dim or from what I thought was a damaged led for super cheap and it turned out they work fine on his car. Lol oh well you win some you lose some!