GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510 with rear camera input

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
There's a new version of the RCD-510 out in the 2014 Passat's that has an input on the back for a camera. I bought one to test it out. It's exactly like the AE/AF radios, but has the camera input. I purchased a rear camera on eBay to install on my JSW so I should have it in a few weeks (ships from China). When I out the car in reverse the screen turned black, but without the camera I couldn't see anything else. In the settings menu there aren't any options for the camera, but using VCDS you can turn it off or on. The new part number is 1K0035188F

Last edited:

16plus4v

Ready to race!
The RCD doesn't have the input for reverse camera. You need an RNS 510 unit for this.

mataempat

Passed Driver's Ed
The RCD 510 that came with my car in 2010 didn't have the input for the camera. I then upgraded to the RCD-510 premium 8 with the input in order to install and have the RVC work accordingly. This was done in mid-2011.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
The RCD 510 that came with my car in 2010 didn't have the input for the camera. I then upgraded to the RCD-510 premium 8 with the input in order to install and have the RVC work accordingly. This was done in mid-2011.

You're not in the U.S. This is a new option here. The radio you have doesn't have the same features as this one.