GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
I'm bringing it back!....

Was hoping people who have went this route could chime in. I know for sure I want the uberstealth box, but have been flip-flopping on swapping out for an aftermarket head unit. I have 2 questions:

1: If I do get an aftermarket unit, I will not need the LOC as the artificial base decline is actually due to the stock head unit, correct?

2. If I do get an aftermarket unit, will I lose my dynaudio? Do the kenwood double dins play nice with the stock amp for dynaudio?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Wow, just posting to say i find it amazing to see threads about my products still active after 5 years! love to look at the pics as they show the way the box has eveolved over the years

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I'm bringing it back!....

Was hoping people who have went this route could chime in. I know for sure I want the uberstealth box, but have been flip-flopping on swapping out for an aftermarket head unit. I have 2 questions:

1: If I do get an aftermarket unit, I will not need the LOC as the artificial base decline is actually due to the stock head unit, correct?

2. If I do get an aftermarket unit, will I lose my dynaudio? Do the kenwood double dins play nice with the stock amp for dynaudio?

1) Aftermarket headunits will have a REMOTE TURN-ON wire for the amp(s).

2) If I'm not mistaken, the Dynaudio has an external amp. Using an aftermarket harness should still send audio signals to that amp if all is connected correctly.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
Do you still make any products?

yes i do, feel free to visit the site

http://www.uberstealthaudio.com/

just not active in the forums much, as the product really has not changed and i no longer own a VW

I did just go look at a Atlas though, very nice and i could see getting one since i have twin 4 year olds

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I think your box is my favorite mod, good sound and I have my whole trunk back. :thumbsup:

TuneYourVW

Ready to race!
Really old thread, but worth the bump...

I’ve been using an Uberstealth box for 6+ years now with a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1 amp and recently swapped to a 8” Pioneer TS-SW2002D2. Overall great product. High recommended.

Last edited: