GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-24-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Giuseppe
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 MKVI GTI
High pressure fuel pump?

Hello,

I noticed something odd for the first time the other day. I put my dsg into manual mode and was hitting some higher rpms when all of a sudden around 4-5k rpm my car would suddenly and harshly lose power.

The engine would still run but every time I hit higher rpms the engine would lose power suddenly. From reading the forums I'm guessing this is a result of a bad high pressure fuel pump, the thing next to the air box. Can anyone speak to this? Any personal experience?
Unitronic Stage II Tune | Black Forest Industries Motor and Transmission Mounts | 034 Billet Aluminum Dogbone Insert | SPM Pendulum Mount | CTS Downpipe with High Flow Catalytic Converter | APR Carbonio Stage 1 Cold Air Intake
Giuseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #2
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI CSG-DSG
How many miles on your GTI. Have you had the fuel filter changed out?
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:08 AM   #3
nevekd128
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: sf muni
you can check fuel pressure parameters in Vagcom or if you have a cobb access port be able to see pressures requested and actual. if you have huge variation then a hpfp might be culprit. I replaced mine at 85000 miles but i was always in limp mode as the hpfp wasn't producing much more than 600psi
Old 04-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #4
Giuseppe
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 MKVI GTI
You are spot on. My car wouldn't start last weekend so I towed it to the shop. While it was there they checked the hpfp for me. They said it isn't producing enough pressure at high rpms. I ordered one off the web and will swap it out. Hopefully the fixes the problem
Unitronic Stage II Tune | Black Forest Industries Motor and Transmission Mounts | 034 Billet Aluminum Dogbone Insert | SPM Pendulum Mount | CTS Downpipe with High Flow Catalytic Converter | APR Carbonio Stage 1 Cold Air Intake
Giuseppe is offline   Reply With Quote