GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED sale

Uberryan

Banned
flat rate shipping from OEMpl.us is usually $30-50. This is how they get you. Their sale price seems tempting, then they charge you outrageous costs for the shipping. Better to get a hold of Jabba, and get the clones of the OEM lights for $200 less, with same quality, build, etc.

Grownman

Ready to race!
flat rate shipping from OEMpl.us is usually $30-50. This is how they get you. Their sale price seems tempting, then they charge you outrageous costs for the shipping. Better to get a hold of Jabba, and get the clones of the OEM lights for $200 less, with same quality, build, etc.

Don't forget sales tax. Better off setting up a group buy from BKS for $649 shipped.

Focal, can you link me to the reviews of these "Clones" I doubt they would be of similar quality.

...:::GTI:::...

Yeah I agree, but i'd rather prefer the real before considering the clones!

Uberryan

Banned
Don't forget sales tax. Better off setting up a group buy from BKS for $649 shipped.

Focal, can you link me to the reviews of these "Clones" I doubt they would be of similar quality.

Don't think so huh?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21606&highlight=Jabba&page=6

just a few pics from that entire thread, but i suggest you read through the whole thing.

OEM LED tails are not produced by VW, they might be licensed as a VW part and sold with the label indicating so, but they do not manufacture these. Suffice to say, VW charges an absurd amount for it. However, the same build can easily be produced and replicated and sold for less.

Take the MKV for example, as I have most experience with this sort of thing, on that gen. The Euro-spec R32 tail lights are sold on OEMpl.us and from VW for well over $400

Hella is the original manufacturer, and they sell them for closer to $270/300 for a set. Same exact quality, build, function, everything. Only difference is one has a Hella label, and the other has a vw/audi logo and a lot more expensive.

Hella still produced both sets, in the end.

Now, I understand your confusion in regards to the ebay "spyder" clones, but those are shitty, and completely different. They've only copied the style.

...:::GTI:::...

Don't think so huh?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21606&highlight=Jabba&page=6

just a few pics from that entire thread, but i suggest you read through the whole thing.

OEM LED tails are not produced by VW, they might be licensed as a VW part and sold with the label indicating so, but they do not manufacture these. Suffice to say, VW charges an absurd amount for it. However, the same build can easily be produced and replicated and sold for less.

Take the MKV for example, as I have most experience with this sort of thing, on that gen. The Euro-spec R32 tail lights are sold on OEMpl.us and from VW for well over $400

Hella is the original manufacturer, and they sell them for closer to $270/300 for a set. Same exact quality, build, function, everything. Only difference is one has a Hella label, and the other has a vw/audi logo and a lot more expensive.

Hella still produced both sets, in the end.

Now, I understand your confusion in regards to the ebay "spyder" clones, but those are shitty, and completely different. They've only copied the style.
im so jealous of your tail lights! :eek: who knows a good site that sell the real LEDs for cheap?

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I might get the clones after all. My only issure was the rear fog option which I didn't want. But I don't care if only one light comes on while I reverse. I wont even see it lol. You cant beat 410 shipped.

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
I might get the clones after all. My only issure was the rear fog option which I didn't want. But I don't care if only one light comes on while I reverse. I wont even see it lol. You cant beat 410 shipped.

410 shipped.. is Jabba still selling these? i PMed him a while ago but still no answer.

BoomBoy

Ready to race!
I don't, unfortunately. Is the "coding dongle" exactly the same thing as vagcom? I may have to buy it too.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
I thought Jabba sold these from South Africa making the cost with shipping moot compared to OEM?

Uberryan

Banned
no, it just works for the tail lights. Pretty sure it's just another chuck of resistors, connectors, and plastic that attaches to either the adapters and tails, or oem wire housing and adapter. All it does is act as a can-bus box to add a stronger load to the stock wire housing sensor, so you don't get the bulb out errors with these tails.

From factory, they should work fine.