GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official K04 Club (Experiences and Troubleshooting)

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
how much smoother did the power delivery feel?

Much smoother than my stage 1 tune. Now that I'm stage 2, I feel like I'm half way in between the smoothness. With K04, what grabbed me was the INSANE power from the midrange all the way to redline. It's still totally daily drivable and feels stock until you open it up, and then it just... keeps... pulling... :eek:

The IHI turbo peaks hard and quick but then out and runs out of breath to toward the end, where the K04 builds fast and then just plows through it's range until the end. It's wonderful. :D

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
tsi-k04-kitt.jpg

this little yellow pervert made his way over to this page also.:lol::lol:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Much smoother than my stage 1 tune. Now that I'm stage 2, I feel like I'm half way in between the smoothness. With K04, what grabbed me was the INSANE power from the midrange all the way to redline. It's still totally daily drivable and feels stock until you open it up, and then it just... keeps... pulling... :eek:

The IHI turbo peaks hard and quick but then out and runs out of breath to toward the end, where the K04 builds fast and then just plows through it's range until the end. It's wonderful. :D

I agree 100%. It's perfect for a daily driver. The power comes on strong and just look at most K04 dyno runs how smooth it is.

I mean it's not a huge jump up from stock as far as physical size but the power you get is perfect.

I've owned and driven BT high HP cars. Yea you get to brag about 600hp but half the time you never get in to full boost on the street. Plus when you do have an open road to floor it once you get in to boost at like 5k RPM it climbs so quickly you have to shift like you're masturbating on crack.

TDI110

O_o
We all know its a huge epidemic. Have you ever gotten the K04 boner? Post about it here. Include all of your emotions and general feelings about it. You know, first time experiences, renewed faith WOT runs, and most off all......K04 kill list.

heh, why did I suspect a thread like this coming after a certain other thread where you made a certain allusion to making said thread :p confused? :confused:

I would have to say envy for now, once I get my R and get it flashed I will enjoy the pawah!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
heh, why did I suspect a thread like this coming after a certain other thread where you made a certain allusion to making said thread :p confused? :confused:

I would have to say envy for now, once I get my R and get it flashed I will enjoy the pawah!

Mind = Blown from that post. But never the less....you're gonna LOVE the R. I want so bad :(

I agree with Rotary, the power delivery in itself is worth the $2500. I was totally happy with my choice to give up the Stage 3 kit for the K04 during the raffle. I have regretted that decision a total of 2 times.

Now I sit here with almost 13-14K miles on my K04 with not a single issue and get the K04 boner every day.

P

plac

i guess stage 3 is the "special" one that barely anyone can or will afford. K04 is the new stage 2.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
K04 is still a different league of power on the GTI. Its just awesome that its so affordable and you get SO much power.

We all remember when Stage 3 was only 385 hp right? It was still $5K at the time! Imagine you can pump almost 400bhp with 100oct on a K04.

While some may say its the "new" Stage 2 (or Stage 2+...I dunno) its still a blast to drive. Coupled with all of the supporting mods (Suspension, IC, Mounts, Tires, Clutch...etc.etc.) you're definitely in a bracket of winners. Also consider that some TSIs with K04s are running 12.00s in the 1/4 upwards to 119mph! Thats fucking insane for a $2500 mod.

P

plac

K04 is still a different league of power on the GTI. Its just awesome that its so affordable and you get SO much power.

We all remember when Stage 3 was only 385 hp right? It was still $5K at the time! Imagine you can pump almost 400bhp with 100oct on a K04.

While some may say its the "new" Stage 2 (or Stage 2+...I dunno) its still a blast to drive. Coupled with all of the supporting mods (Suspension, IC, Mounts, Tires, Clutch...etc.etc.) you're definitely in a bracket of winners. Also consider that some TSIs with K04s are running 12.00s in the 1/4 upwards to 119mph! Thats fucking insane for a $2500 mod.

oh dont get me wrong. it will be the best thing that has ever happened to me. after my wife.. my kid.. etc. it will probably be the fastest car i've ever owned, as i said in my video.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
oh dont get me wrong. it will be the best thing that has ever happened to me. after my wife.. my kid.. etc. it will probably be the fastest car i've ever owned, as i said in my video.

Oh........It will be!. But not only will it be FAST....but it will be QUICK. You know that "feeling" you get with a Stage 1 FSI? Magnify that strong beast like pull times 50. I still get giddy when I stomp on it in 3rd or 4th around 2000RPMs. Its just so intoxicating because the torque is absolutely INSTANT

You will never miss your 2006 GTI you rave about being fast as hell ever again...I promise :)

P

plac

Oh........It will be!. But not only will it be FAST....but it will be QUICK. You know that "feeling" you get with a Stage 1 FSI? Magnify that strong beast like pull times 50. I still get giddy when I stomp on it in 3rd or 4th around 2000RPMs. Its just so intoxicating because the torque is absolutely INSTANT

You will never miss your 2006 GTI you rave about being fast as hell ever again...I promise :)

it was my 2008.. the one i thought might have had a K04 in it on stock programming.

Can't wait to cruise 70mph on the freeway.. just lay into it, and start spinning. gonna be sweet.