GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 06-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #57
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Z4M, GTI
You have to only paste the stuff between "watch?v=" and the next "&" symbol. So to embed this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Ua8iOR0g8&feature=plcp

it would be (u2b)r_Ua8iOR0g8(/u2b) but with brackets.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #58
GunKata
Jawnie Sanders

Drives: '11 Pcar, '04 Honda CRV AWD Fury
I thought people with mad apple gear were supposed to be smart and shit?

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #59
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion

No, they're just hipsters.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #60
OneHotHatch
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 CW DSG GTI
Send a message via AIM to OneHotHatch Send a message via Skype™ to OneHotHatch
not sure what a hipster is, maybe only hipsters know the term "hipster"....and i think i have this

K04 CLUB MEMBER #69
2010 CW DSG|APR K04 V2|APR SI&II Intake|APR Front & Rear Sway-Bars|Clear Side Markers|20%-15% Tint|Yellow Fog Lights|APR Intercooler|APR TBE|LEDs: License Plate, All Interior|Retro-Fitted Bi-Xenons|Golf R L.E.D. Tails|Euro-Switch|JL12w3|
OneHotHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #61
boosted_r56
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: R56 Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHotHatch View Post
not sure what a hipster is, maybe only hipsters know the term "hipster"....and i think i have this

No idea wtf i just watched.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #62
GunKata
Jawnie Sanders

Drives: '11 Pcar, '04 Honda CRV AWD Fury
video appears to be from 1987, can you confirm?

he was in front of you btw, so... he slowed down, you caught up, and then you "won"?

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #63
OneHotHatch
FIA GT Newbie

Not even close. On the YouTube description it clearly states its shitty and from an iPhone , so those wanting embedded YouTube videos, maybe you should be courteous enough to read the description before trying your hand at wretched jokes towards video quality. Sorry I don't have a professional photographer with me at all times. Also you can't tell how it went down but as soon as it straightened up he floored it, that's the difference in acceleration you see, I passed him at about 120, he was trying to keep up and also he didn't let up, he tried to keep up up a hill and did so, until I let off because of vibration from tires. So no he didn't slow down and I caught up he was in the throttle so I said fuck it and floored it 2 secs after I saw that he was takin off and kept into the throttle, but good try at comprehending the super 8 film that you watched on your "reel-to-reel", gunkata

K04 CLUB MEMBER #69
2010 CW DSG|APR K04 V2|APR SI&II Intake|APR Front & Rear Sway-Bars|Clear Side Markers|20%-15% Tint|Yellow Fog Lights|APR Intercooler|APR TBE|LEDs: License Plate, All Interior|Retro-Fitted Bi-Xenons|Golf R L.E.D. Tails|Euro-Switch|JL12w3|
Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #64
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Not even close. On the YouTube description it clearly states its shitty and from an iPhone , so those wanting embedded YouTube videos, maybe you should be courteous enough to read the description before trying your hand at wretched jokes towards video quality. Sorry I don't have a professional photographer with me at all times. Also you can't tell how it went down but as soon as it straightened up he floored it, that's the difference in acceleration you see, I passed him at about 120, he was trying to keep up and also he didn't let up, he tried to keep up up a hill and did so, until I let off because of vibration from tires. So no he didn't slow down and I caught up he was in the throttle so I said fuck it and floored it 2 secs after I saw that he was takin off and kept into the throttle, but good try and comprehending the super 8 film that you watched on your "reel-to-reel", gunkata
tl;dr
Old 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #65
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
This whole thread is just one giant

Old 06-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #66
boosted_r56

now you are going to tell us you pulled top end (over 100mph) on an SRT8 challenger.. so your K03 2.0T rated at ~260whp pulls on a 470BHP (~420WHP) V8 above 100 mph.

Interesting.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #67
OneHotHatch
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_r56 View Post
now you are going to tell us you pulled top end (over 100mph) on an SRT8 challenger.. so your K03 2.0T rated at ~260whp pulls on a 470BHP (~420WHP) V8 above 100 mph.

Interesting.
One ,I don't have k04, two I'm not trying to tell you, I post a shitty video, but its a video, and three real world conditions apparently have a greater impact than you think, take it how you want read my first post in this thread and watch the video, that's what happened, I'm not here to argue and tell you my gti(which almost every mother fucker in here has) is quick than a twin-turbo gallardo and srt8's and cobras and shit. But in this instance I was quicker than a 2011 Challenger srt8. When almost all own one?!

K04 CLUB MEMBER #69
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #68
intoflatlines
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_r56 View Post

Interesting.
Quote:
One ,I don't have k04...

FWIW, stock GTIs don't have a K03 anyway.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #69
OneHotHatch
FIA GT Newbie

So I miss read, skip one, continue

K04 CLUB MEMBER #69
Old 06-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #70
boosted_r56

Quote:

One ,I don't have k04, two I'm not trying to tell you, I post a shitty video, but its a video, and three real world conditions apparently have a greater impact than you think, take it how you want read my first post in this thread and watch the video, that's what happened, I'm not here to argue and tell you my gti(which almost every mother fucker in here has) is quick than a twin-turbo gallardo and srt8's and cobras and shit. But in this instance I was quicker than a 2011 Challenger srt8. When almost all own one?!
I never said you had a K04, had you have one you would have had a chance at this car. Stock turbo, things just dont add up, especially above 100MPH.. it runs out of breath.. it just cant flow the air needed to keep a decent rate of acceleration, i could see you having a better chance if you are at some sort of 4000+FT elevation as he loses more HP per 1000ft of elevation than an FI car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoflatlines View Post

FWIW, stock GTIs don't have a K03 anyway.
You are right, they changed them on the MK6.. my bad I had a mk5 so i just assume K03. Either way, you get my drift.