GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Golf R Side Skirts

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
Apart from ECS, anywhere else I can get them? $1,000 unpainted seems high. I'd like to get from a local dealer now that the Golf R is sold in North America, but am not able to find the part number.

FYI -- I have the replicas, but they annoy me. It's the only replica on my car so I would like to replace them with something genuine that fits well.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
are your replicas doing the annoying middle sag instead of sitting straight level from front to rear?

You might be able to just go to the dealer and ask them to look up the part and cost, it doesn't hurt to ask. I was able to just get the side brackets by just asking them to look up the number and they were able to get it for me. Still have the middle sag, but they hold the reps better...

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the part numbers. They don't seem to be coming up on the online parts places I've used, but maybe I'll head to the dealer to double check one time.

My replicas don't sit flush with the body at the front and rear of the car -- more so at the rear. The way it attaches isn't good at all, so I can understand why.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
OEMplus has them listed online for $885 unpainted. Odd that these oem skirts would cost quite a bit more than a front bumper.

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
OEMplus has them listed online for $885 unpainted. Odd that these oem skirts would cost quite a bit more than a front bumper.

Thanks; ordered from them as they can paint it for me, taking the hassle out of the whole thing.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
Thanks; ordered from them as they can paint it for me, taking the hassle out of the whole thing.

How did your order turn out from OEMplus on the skirts? I'm ready to pull the trigger. Paint job match up well, all parts there?

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
How did your order turn out from OEMplus on the skirts? I'm ready to pull the trigger. Paint job match up well, all parts there?

Has yet to come, should ship to me this week I think. It is about 4 weeks from Germany and 1 week to paint, then 1 week to me.

I'll let you know.

Orient Express

Ready to race!
Consider Mk 5 Thunder Bunny side skirts

Here is a link to the Mk5 thunder bunny skirts that fit the Mk6 very nicely and are inexpensive ($150 for the pair -primed)

Orient Express

Ready to race!
They are VW OEM parts. They use a combination of screws and two sided tape just like the Golf R skirts. These skirts were part of a package that VW offered for the Mk5.

imtimmy

Ready to race!
Has yet to come, should ship to me this week I think. It is about 4 weeks from Germany and 1 week to paint, then 1 week to me.

I'll let you know.

Cool, at least they're shipping. I ordered a 35th bumper back in Dec. from another online store, originally to ship 1/7. Last email I got said it will ship 3/31. Backorder + boat ride = eternity.

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
Cool, at least they're shipping. I ordered a 35th bumper back in Dec. from another online store, originally to ship 1/7. Last email I got said it will ship 3/31. Backorder + boat ride = eternity.

Got an email that it is currently being painted, so all good!