GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I sat at the light, and some fraternity bro revved the shit out of his Wrangler's stock exhaust and gives me the look, I gave him a distinctive "oh you're stupid" smile as if someone talks big to me.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
when that turbo'd civic reallllllly thinks it has a chance on open road.... seriously? Not even worth the gas to beat it.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Was headed home last night when a RSX pulled up next to me. Sounded good, maybe some engine work, definitely fully bolted. Tried to get me to go, so finally I gave in. Honked off at 40 and it was laughable. 40 to 110 and I had 15-20 car lengths on him. He wasn't satisfied with that, so we went a second time. I let of at 80 because I was embarrassed for him.

2 weeks ago walked a new CTS V, expected more of a challenge from it. A good power to weight ratio goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanmclin12

My buddy and I were in his honda accord v6 and we were pulling Fast and furious qoutes. So we pull up next to an Audi convertible and thinking that it was an a4, I said to the driver, "Whats the retail on one of those?" He laughed. Then I told my buddy "Smoke him." Both drives revved their engines and we raced. After pulling the audi and beating him to the next light, he said, "It looks like you bought the right car."

Here's the kicker......

When he passed us after the race, His trunk said S4...................
No i dont belive that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
No i dont belive that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

This, zero chance he was trying.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Was headed home last night when a RSX pulled up next to me. Sounded good, maybe some engine work, definitely fully bolted. Tried to get me to go, so finally I gave in. Honked off at 40 and it was laughable. 40 to 110 and I had 15-20 car lengths on him. He wasn't satisfied with that, so we went a second time. I let of at 80 because I was embarrassed for him.

2 weeks ago walked a new CTS V, expected more of a challenge from it. A good power to weight ratio goes a long way.

That might not have been a new cts v. The new V's are V8 supercharged and run high to mid 11's stock I'm pretty sure.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
That might not have been a new cts v. The new V's are V8 supercharged and run high to mid 11's stock I'm pretty sure.

You are correct definitely a 2015. I haven't seen a new one on the road yet, and damn that's some insane power.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

Yup, there's no way he beat a newer CTS-V.

The 2015 model cranks out 556hp/4,200lbs

The 2016 model is 640hp/4,100lbs

It ain't happening with a K04.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yup, there's no way he beat a newer CTS-V.

The 2015 model cranks out 556hp/4,200lbs

The 2016 model is 640hp/4,100lbs

It ain't happening with a K04.

I could possibly see him maybeeee pulling on the 15 from a roll though. 330whp at around 3k lbs vs 500whp (ish) at 4,1000 lbs. that drag would probably be different though cause of our nice fwd 60 foots

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
I could possibly see him maybeeee pulling on the 15 from a roll though. 330whp at around 3k lbs vs 500whp (ish) at 4,1000 lbs. that drag would probably be different though cause of our nice fwd 60 foots

Nah man, no chance. A K04 car on 93 and full weight traps around 112mph, a CTS-V traps around 115mph.

There's no way that the weight difference is making up for ~160whp. Unless the K04 car in question has a good amount of weight reduction and race gas, it ain't got nothing for a CTS-V.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
From a roll, it's a drivers race I'd say. I just saw on one of their forums that a guy ran a 12.14 at 113mph with a 1.776 60 foot. That 60 foot makes all the difference but on a roll... I'd say drivers race. Maybe this particular V was a crap driver on top of it.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
From a roll, it's a drivers race I'd say. I just saw on one of their forums that a guy ran a 12.14 at 113mph with a 1.776 60 foot. That 60 foot makes all the difference but on a roll... I'd say drivers race. Maybe this particular V was a crap driver on top of it.

Here's a bone stock V vs a K04 GTI

Skip to 1:13 for the CTS-V race. CTS in far left lane and GTI in far right, GTO in the middle.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
Here's a bone stock V vs a K04 GTI

Skip to 1:13 for the CTS-V race. CTS in far left lane and GTI in far right, GTO in the middle.

He was definitely running it hard as I slowly walked away. You sure that's a stock V? Either way you can quote 1/4 mile times all day, they should trap 3 mph faster. But from a roll it's another story. I like to think I can drive my car well, maybe he was a shit driver and I got lucky.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
He was definitely running it hard as I slowly walked away. You sure that's a stock V? Either way you can quote 1/4 mile times all day, they should trap 3 mph faster. But from a roll it's another story. I like to think I can drive my car well, maybe he was a shit driver and I got lucky.

Yeah the uploader of the video states that it is a stock CTS-V and a K04 GTI in the comments.

You're right, the guy that you raced probably started in a higher gear. Anything can happen on the street!

EDIT: FWIW that 112mph trap I quoted for the K04 was pretty generous. Most of the K04 cars on the 1/4 list (on this site) are trapping closer to 110mph.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Finally got a decent matchup since I've gone K04, and I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how well I did. Roll race starting about 70 in 4th, low output file and I had one passenger, against a new Audi S4 (still had dealer plates). He gave me the hit, he obviously didn't know what I was running, and as soon as I hit about 110 I shut it down, having put at least a bus on him and still pulling. He came up next to me and had a wow look on his face and gave me the hang loose sign with his hand. I waved back and definitely feel quite happy with how my car performed given that I'm still on low output :)
I can't get anyone else notable to play (though I never initiate, I just respond to other people's "inquiries")...just a tuned and bolt on FRS who I talked to after and said he was putting down 196whp...but that wasn't a race, that just made me feel bad for him since he didn't know beforehand what I had...:(