GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I’ve lived with this headunit for about a year now, and while there are a lot of things to like about it, poor sound quality has remained a frustration. Sound quality is improved with a bit of post eq from my phone, but then I cannot use Apple CarPlay. I’m honestly thinking about getting rid of it. The RCD330 forums are no help, I can’t even log on with what I thought were my log in credentials, and when I reset them, no email ever comes. Probably the worst forum I’ve ever used.
Really unfortunate to hear since this headunit adds so much functionality and keeps the car modern.

As far as I can tell there's no way to set the RCD330 to output line-level signals to an amplifier either...so there's no way to amp the speakers other than using a line output converter. I was all set to buy an RCD330 until I found this out. Really unfortunate since the RNS315 and 510 units had line-level output capability.

jontalk

Ready to race!
I’ve lived with this headunit for about a year now, and while there are a lot of things to like about it, poor sound quality has remained a frustration. Sound quality is improved with a bit of post eq from my phone, but then I cannot use Apple CarPlay. I’m honestly thinking about getting rid of it. The RCD330 forums are no help, I can’t even log on with what I thought were my log in credentials, and when I reset them, no email ever comes. Probably the worst forum I’ve ever used.

Very valuable to know this since I've been contemplating the upgrade. I may just fly with a $100 deal on an RCD510 instead unless its going to require a ton of MFI programming :)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever compare one of these to an eonon? I've got an older model, like a GA5153 or something like that, maybe the model before that one. Kinda tempted to try the rcd330+ since the bluetooth started giving me trouble earlier this week on my eonon.

DOMlNO81

I had thought about those units later on after I posted yesterday. They make them for the speed three, as well. And they always seem to be pretty good units.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
If you need certain firmware let me know, I'll send you the file.

my username finally works are multiple attempts to recover it. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2

TheCor

Ready to race!
If you need certain firmware let me know, I'll send you the file.

my username finally works are multiple attempts to recover it. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2

Is there any benefit to updating the firmware? I purchased mine over a year and a half ago, still works great. Mine has yellow accents on the screen though, not red. I'll have to confirm my firmware version when I go out to my car at lunch or afterwork.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Is there any benefit to updating the firmware? I purchased mine over a year and a half ago, still works great. Mine has yellow accents on the screen though, not red. I'll have to confirm my firmware version when I go out to my car at lunch or afterwork.

If you don't have any issues I wouldn't update the firmware .

But a firmware update may get you the red accents . I think i saw a post about in on the rcd330 forum

Sent from my Pixel 2

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
If any of you are looking into getting a RCD 330 from eBay they have a %15 coupon of anything in your cart
valid till 11/21/18 8pm est.

Code : PICKFAST

Sent from my Pixel 2

Last edited:

msantram

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are running iOS 12, it should be noted that it supports Waze and Google Maps. While Siri is still mostly useless, it is really nice to have Waze work upon the 330. One of the best upgrades, especially from a cost perspective. The RNS-510 was 10x to 12x more expensive and nowhere near as useful. The RCD330 just works. GLTA.

Nitrous76

I’ve had a read of this forum but can’t seem to find it. Can anybody confirm if the parking sensors work ok through this head unit? I’m looking at buying the NONAME version. Thanks

msantram

Passed Driver's Ed
They *should* work. I just ordered an OPS set the other day and will be installing them along with a generic RVC into the one of the license plate lights. I do not see the need for the OEM flip badge RVC.

Anyway When I shift into reverse, the RCD-330 looks for the RVC. I had installed both OPS & RVC in my SportWagen, and the new RCD is behaving exactly how my RNS-510 did. Will post any issues should they arise.

msantram

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, plug and play. 5 minute install. If I owned a dealership, I would swap out all old radios and install these ones as a buying incentive. GL!