GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revamped Water Pump possibly failing....

ben_m

Ready to race!
Funny story.... I go to get the water pump replaced on Friday, turns out there was an oil leak around the valve cover which was leaking oil onto the water pump causing its failure...

Luckily Geico covered both, and while they were tearing everything apart I only had to shell out an extra $200 to get the carbon cleaning :)

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Funny story.... I go to get the water pump replaced on Friday, turns out there was an oil leak around the valve cover which was leaking oil onto the water pump causing its failure...

Luckily Geico covered both, and while they were tearing everything apart I only had to shell out an extra $200 to get the carbon cleaning :)

Any photos of the oil leak location?

I'm debating on getting the USP (Geba) aluminum pump and doing this once and for all.

ben_m

Ready to race!
Any photos of the oil leak location?

I'm debating on getting the USP (Geba) aluminum pump and doing this once and for all.

Valve cover, right underneath the engine cover, I can see new green sealant was put down. I'd have to double check the work order, I think they also had to replace the gasket around the timing cover.

According to the tech, the water pumps fail because oil would leak onto it. Fix the oil leak stop the water pumps from failing, at least in my case.

ben_m

Ready to race!
andddd the dreaded CEL came on driving home last night. Car seems totally fine, no misfires or anything like that. Could be a slightly lose connection on the coilpack? Or maybe some other plug wasn't seated correctly? Taking it back to the dealer Saturday. And yes I double checked my gas cap

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
andddd the dreaded CEL came on driving home last night. Car seems totally fine, no misfires or anything like that. Could be a slightly lose connection on the coilpack? Or maybe some other plug wasn't seated correctly? Taking it back to the dealer Saturday. And yes I double checked my gas cap
Without knowing what the code(s) are we can't really help you.

ben_m

Ready to race!
Without knowing what the code(s) are we can't really help you.

Yea, I have scan gauge, but it read something like BA223, which means that ScanGauge can't determine it. The odd thing was the light automatically came on without flashing.

ben_m

Ready to race!
Dealer ran the code, they are going to replace my intake manifold tomorrow... at least it will be replaced under the extended warranty.